Are there characters you love, but never root for?

• Members

I've been thinking about characters I love, but never root for. I think I love the characters more because of the actors' portrayals than anything to do with the character. Examples?

YnR's Victor Newman. I think EB has done a fine job protecting the character, often from the writers, and making Victor as consistent as any character in daytime can be. You know who Victor is and how he'll react and as infuriating as he is, he's still fun to watch at times. Even so, I don't root for him when he's betraying people who love, trust, or love AND trust him.

OLTL's Dorian Lord. I hate seeing her under Mitch's thumb. She's too smart and too devious. Dorian is a hellraiser in the classic since of a soap villain (is she a villain?). I can't remember ever rooting for her to win, but she's a joy to watch. I'm hoping she's only keeping Mitch disarmed, since he thinks he's 'winning' control over her, and that she's going to lower the boom on him SOON!

I use to count the BnB's Stephanie Douglas (Forrester) in that group, but she's long off the list. She's overplayed and needs to go.

GH's Hels Cassadine? Oh yes! She's on the list.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived