January 2010 ATWT Thread

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Maura looks better than ever!!!! She's gorgeous!! She might've had a little work done, but that's not even relevant. As for Carly & Molly, there's simply no reason they can't interact. One of the things I miss most about ATWT is the interaction of different characters. Never, do we see the two cousins bonding over coffee at Java or gossiping in the Lakeview lobby. The same characters interacting now have been interacting for the past five years or so...if not, more. Craig just so happens to be the lucky candidate that TPTB have chosen for Carly to interact with when she's not interacting with Jack or Parker. It gets old after awhile. I was hoping Kay's return would prompt the writers to throw the old Molly & Carly alliance into drive, but instead, it's stuck in neutral again...

As for Dusty, I've never liked Grayson's version. He has his days, but those come so rarely.

ITA with you about the Reid/House comparison. But even House isn't as obnoxious and annoying as Reid.

• Members

Dr. Oliver is a cheap cartoon of House, reminds me of bad SNL satire. I remember when ATWT was about friends: remember Moll's party before her marriage to Jake and how everyone was there? Remember when Emily and Rose were buds? Goutman has no vision and uses PODS to save money. He will only blend Carly with two contract players in order to cut costs. It would be better to shoot longer scenes, tell longer stories and accomplish the same savings. Actors are not paid by the hour by, sometimes, by the day. Focus on five characters and tell a deep, thoughtful and long story. The only catch is that you need to rush and do each scene in one take.

As for Maura, she has aged herself by having so many babies. I think she looks great but it will hurt her career. TV these days is all about youth. I've already noticed that they used her like wallpaper in the 'Never Surrender' adverts for TV guide. Also, they use old pix of her at CBS.com. It is so unfair that they do this to women.

Speaking of CBS.com, why are they playing with the ATWT logo? They have gone back to the old, bigger logo and ruined the new one by using a white background--all you can read is World 'cause the AS The Turns part is white font on white placecard. This happened shortly after the cancellation.

BY the way, Direct TV has an interest but they want EMAILS so send as many as you can! This might buy the show another year on air. Already there are people saying they hope it doesn't happen 'cause it will wreck the show. I say Goutman wrecked the show years ago but we all still watch anyway!

• Members

I've just noticed you saying nice things about the show/company. This isn't an insult. I was just curious. Id direct TV takes the show, I hope they get rid of Goutman. The show needs fresh blood and new ideas. I would pick someone from the indie film industry who knows how to cut costs yet tell great story.

• Members

AsTheWorldTurns, you've already quoted that before and said you didn't work for the show. ;)

Saving, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Maura looks flawless and youthful IMHO. And I don't think birthing children makes anyone look younger or older...

As for today's show.... I really have nothing to comment on. It was all very blaaaahh. Alison's starting to annoy me with her sudden hostility over Mick. LOVED seeing Marie Masters today; although I thought the little spat between her and Margo was cockamaymie..."all you HUGHES think you have to CONTROL everything..."...Seriously? We're back to this again???? :rolleyes:

I also found it odd that Paul found his vial of blood in Mick's hotel room. Odd, because Mick broke it. I guess the magic Story Fairy thought it deserved to be re-assembled. And as far as the "Emily under Mick's mind control" angle, it reminds me of when Rosanna and Barbara were hypnotizing her....something that was completely dropped and never brought to closure.

• Members

I was surprised to see Maura is only 37, but I don't think she looks old in a bad way. She's always looked much more mature than she actually is. No way the pairing with Hal would've worked otherwise. She was with John at one point as well right? Honestly, I think she looks her best now. She's finally grown her hair out and let it stick and it looks amazing on her. I like the color and her body is in great shape. Her post-ATWT career will be interesting. I wonder if she'll even attempt outside acting or just retire.

ETA:

I just noticed this is my 4,000th post! I've slowed down in recent years so shocked to reach that milestone. Glad I was posting about a show I love. Here's to 4,000 more! :)

• Members

Oh, please....I agree...Maura looks as good now as she did the day she started in '95. (Better even, now that she isn't cursed with an over laminated Marilyn Monroe 'do, and now that someone took her aside and refused to let her cut her own bangs...I swear, some of them over the years were horrid.)

There are days everyone looks a little rough, whether that's intentional or not, for whatever reason. (You could occassionally park semi's in Julie Pinson's under eye bags for example, and there are days KMH looks plastic) But if Maura chooses to, I'm sure she'll have no problem getting another gig.

• Members

No comments on today's show?

I thought the dialogue was muuuuuch improved from yesterday's hogwash. The Mick/Alison scenes were halfway bearable.

I'm still having a hard time believing that Paul is NOT suspicious of Mick, especially considering the fact his wife conveniently woke up from a mystery coma not long after Paul confronted Mick (alone in Emily's hospital room, standing beside her IV bag-no less) with the photos he found in Mick's hotel room.

The Damian/Meg scenes were great, but again...I have a hard time buying certain things. Like, the fact that Meg broke out of Dearbrook and travelled all the way to Faith's boarding school (well, not the actual school itself, but the hotel where Damian and Lily were staying) to confront Damian.

And finally, let me say this about the Molly/Holden confrontation. I think it was very in-character for Molly to come clean with Holden and beg him for another chance, but to drill him about it? Notsomuch. I don't know if the writers were just trying to stall Holden's "run to the rescue" til tomorrow's show, or what--but the dialogue just seemed very repetitive.

Looking forward to tomorrow: for the Molly/Carly interaction I've been longing for (and commented on...just, like, a day ago)!!! :)

• Members

Is Meg really dead or just passed out? In a way, it would be so classic soap for her to, indeed, be dead. These days popular characters almost never die and it makes these sort of cliffhangers lame. Lazy writers hate creating new characters and fear any sort of backlash. I think we are watching a 'They killed Kenny!' moment. If she really is dead, they should have made the scene much longer and done some promo. At the least, Meg should have made a final gasp or screamed her daughter's name. I don't mean to be morbid but it would have added something to the moment.

Emily just bouncing home after the coma was stupid? Shouldn't Susan be running after her, possibly staying at Fairwinds for a few nights. I hate the manner in which Susan has been compressed into a one note character. Like, why bother putting her into scenes if TPTB aren't going to use Masters correctly. Susan is my favorite old school vet and it just bugs me.

I didn't realize Maura was only 37. Even four years ago, when she was 33, I think they were giving her 40something stories. Growing up Parker so fast didn't help. I'm glad that they have not done this with Emily and Paul. If the show makes it to Direct TV, I swear Carly will be a grandma before 40.

Someone said that they think Emily looks plastic. I actually think she looks like no work has been done. There are days when she looks really young and others, depending on cam angle, where she looks a little older than Paul. I wish they would use Emily better, put her in a real storyline minus gothic troubles and hooking. She has been wasted for years. In the late 90's, I thought TPTB planned on making her the 'star' of the show but nothing all that good ever happened.

Does anyone think Direct TV will pick up the show?

• Members

So, who was the winner of Little Miss Snowflake? Why are they making us wait for the reveal? ;-)

Seriously, they should have shown the winner. It was just bad writing to leave that part out. It should have been Sage with that finger nails on chalk board sounds everyone seems to love.

Archived