January 2010 ATWT Thread

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My bad, As The World Turns. I got a bit confused. My point, though, was not to spit out facts about certain actors' arrival dates, etc., but rather to poke holes in the dialogue of that particular episode, which said that Maddie and Noah were very close friends. But they're not; they haven't shared a scene together in over a year (according to your calculations). And even then, it was extremely brief.

Anyways.........

Thursday was EPIC. Besides the Janet/Dusty/Teri trio, the show was amazing! The dialogue was amazing. Actors. Everything. I can't even vocalize just how OUTSTANDING the CarJack scenes were. Even the Dusty stuff was great. The scenes with him and Johnny, and them Margo urging him to tell Johnny about Jennifer? Just.... AMAZING! Whoever wrote the dialogue for this episode should be featured more. They not only wrote amazing dialogue, but they brought history to the characters' words: something we don't see much on this show anymore.

As for Friday, eh... it was okay.

I agree, AMS. Bob's at his best when he's conversing with patients and colleagues (and Kim, of course). But how often do we get to see that? Hardly ever. And I also agree about the quadrangle. However...it seems Passanante and Goutman have a hard-on for the Ciccone Trio, so I won't be surprised if they're featured heavily all the way from now until September. :rolleyes: Which is really annoying, because.....well.....they're annoying.

That Reid guy's a total jackass. I'm already looking forward to this "flavor of the month" leaving!!!

• Members

CPZ made some comment about a 'regime change' on Twitter in regards to a location shoot. Does anyone know what she means? Are workers already defecting? I guess she found the new location so does that mean Goutman gave up and is MIA? I'll bet PGP has cut costs 'cause nothing much matters now.

This was on Sud's Report and Nelson said it confused him.

• Members

I am barely on Wednesday but will catch up tomorrow. I can't wait to see the rest of the week. I will check who wrote Thursday's show.

I think the script writing has gotten better and that's why i can tolerate Liberty's story. Her scenes outside with Dusty as the hospital were nicely done. It was nice to see Dusty not as a thug but as the Dusty we grew up watching.

I love Reid....lol

• Members

You mean CZP....lol. She was talking about a certain event that is coming up. They were going to use the same location shoot for a February Sweeps event but for some reason they werent allowed to use it. It did have to do with some regime change...but I think it had to do with location shoot itself not ATWT regime. So CZP suggested another place to shoot the location scenes. A place she belongs to.

• Members

GW430.jpg

Boo whoo hiss hiss I can't see and I'm as horny as a piece of cardboard. :unsure:

GW430b.jpg

No-uh I love you we can be together I will stab out my eyeballs so I can feel what you feel!

GW430.jpg

:wacko::blink:

26f35188c99bbd10.jpg

HI!!! I'm your new antagonist DK personally picked out! I'm here to split you two up. Then I get to rape Noah without the lube so you guys can deal with a very boring unemotional aftermath!

GW430b.jpg

:angry: :angry: :angry:

• Members

soapfan770!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I watched today and all of the location shooting puts me on edge so much. I mean, we know the show is canceled, but I keep getting this eerie, dead GL feeling when there are unnecessary outside scenes. That, coupled with the desperate "primetime" attempt (Luke with Bob and Kim, then FLASH, Luke at the hospital with No-eyes), makes the show feel so un-ATWT to me.

• Members

Whenever I hear the name Reid I think of when they recast poor Daniel Markel with that guy with the too long hair and the washboard abs, Keith Colouris (although he did provide us with lots of backstage drama). Since they are so busy bringing up Mick-as-James, perhaps Reid can be David Stenbeck, back from the dead.

• Members

Rux, where do you get the info? I expect everything to go down hill after FEB: why dump money into a failed show? We'll be down to two sets by May. ALso, I'm guessing DK will step back soon and start getting ready for AMC. He'll still be under contract for PNP, it isn't legal, but he is probably already working on his All My Childrens' first storylines.

• Members

Today was "Characters No One Cares About & The Very Reason Why ATWT Is Losing Viewers" Day...with the exception of Carly/Jack and Bob/Kim.

Everything else....snoozeworthy.

Fast forwarded through all the Nuke crappola. They're just annoying. I can't stand to hear Luke's whiney pleas for love, and Noah's emotionless attempts at acting. And to think ...I actually thought this blindness storyline might give Jake some material to finally show himself as an actor.... *shudder*

Reid's obnoxious. Dear writers: we get it. He's a brilliant surgeon with a humungous ego that hates Oakdale, and love-hates Luke. It's all so very predictable, and lame. Thanks. Signed, Actor87

Bob & Kim were the saving grace of the episode. Without them, I don't think I would have given the fast forward button a break. Even after all this time, I still can't help but get caught up in their scenes together. They're pretty adorable, for an old couple.

Craig, you don't want to be Carly's "policeman", but yet, here you stand--giving Carly some boring lecture about how much you care for her, how much you don't want her to drink, and how much Carly deserves someone better than Jack....(aka YOU!....which is never gonna happen). I'm also irritated that Carly's "slip off the wagon" consisted of one tiny sip of beer. Alcoholics can't take just one tiny sip; the whole "slip off the wagon" scene was..... just not believable.

Dusty needs to back the eff off. And don't EVEN start preaching to Jack about morals and how his marriage should mean so much. You're the town man-whore, pimping yourself out to Janet whenever she needs a shoulder to cry on. If they say they're gonna work on their marriage, then leave them alone. Seriously, dude, grab a clue and head for the door!!!!!

Jack and Liberty's talk was kind of nice -- aside from that lame, cheesey, forced memory of Brad drinking hot sauce as Carly longfully glanced into the diner window. *puh-leez!* Could this triangle get anymore corny? Now, we're going to have to wait even longer for a CarJack reunion, because Carly's pride isn't going to let her reunite with a man who promised her to start fresh and ten minutes later, dumped her so he wouldn't hurt Janet's feelings because her daughter has leukemia.

Anyone else see "The Black Duck" sign in the background of the incredibly forced Carly/Janet scene? I wonder what that's supposed to be....

Archived