Venice the Series: Season 1, Episode 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And they are charging 10 bucks for it?..lol

I am going to ask a stupid question...but why dont they just get some of the original GL cast members and play the roles they played on the show?? I'd probably pay to see that if written correctly instead of this venice the series garbage....

• Members

I'm not sure it's so much a *trainwreck* as a *hot mess.* LOL! But it was still more fun watching HBS play a...whatever the hell she was than Nora and I think Hilary and Tina had more chemistry than HBS and Bob Woods.

Venice seems to be falling into the trap of not knowing whether it wants to be: serious drama or campy gay silliness. (Sound familiar?) They need to pick a niche and play it.

• Members

I believe it's a matter of copyright. The better the music - or more accurately, the better represented the artist - the more expensive the rights. Even "elevator music" costs money. I didn't mind the music in the first ep. I thought it was a good fit.

But let's be honest, music is one of those things that everybody has an opinion on. For everyone who likes it, there's someone who hates it.

• Members

Or not even Elevator Music. Get someone on the cheap to compose some cues for you.

But I think these people want soap fans to watch(the audience they initially reached out to), but in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience, they've abandoned everything that makes up a soap.

• Members

I hate the music on these websoaps! What happened to good musical scores? I remember California Heaven, the first big web soap (it was half hour too!!) had a proper music score. When I think back to Cali Heaven it just makes me dislike these new ones even more. That show had no stars, was before the websoap boom and still they had the good sense to make it half hour and a classic soap with cliffhangers.

Archived