What if GH (or any soap) asked for a "do over"

• Members

I admit, I don't know GH well enough to know whether or not bringing all of those people back would be a success. I remember being excited when Laura came back from the dead (or maybe she disappeared) way way back in the day (I watched in the late 70s/early 80s) because I really loved her character. So I understand how bringing beloved characters back might be a positive.

But a mass back from the dead like the one on Days, eh, not so much.

I think I also read somewhere that JER had planned to kill those characters off for good but Corday changed his mind. I didn't know whether that was true or not.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no idea why anyone would tune out if Georgie, AJ, Emily, Alan whoever came back. Why? It's not like their deaths drove lots of story and fallout in the first place. They were all utterly pointless and were only used as ratings ploys and then dropped as if nothing happened. I'd trade most or all of these characters for 4 mob related characters in a a heartbeat. They basically died and were fotgotten so to be throwing them back on canvas would be as eventful as their deaths were which would be not at all. Personally I don't care any longer why GH does. And I never liked the Spencers so JJ back as Lucky had zero impact for me nor would I care if Genie came back at this point.

• Members

I used to think that if GH got a new headwriter and EP that it still had the potential to improve. Not any more. I have finally accepted that GH will never improve because this is how ABC likes its soaps. Looking at Days under the same Dena Higley who writing I despised at OLTL has been an eye opener. Days is woman dominated and full of traditional stories. If it isn't Higley getting lucky, then it must be that ABC likes its soaps male dominated and misogynistic. A do over isn't going to change this and what is done is done.

• Members

I also think the problem is the particular women GH has. Carly, Alexis, Sam, Emily, Lulu, Liz...there really isn't one likable one in the bunch. A reset would allow the show to bring back Laura, an Emily who isn't repulsively self-centered, ditto a new Lulu, and good riddance to the other names on that list who are all mob worshiping wastes of time.

• Members

Laura, Emily, Georgie, Felicia, Tiffany were not entirely self absorbed characters and I think relatable in a way. All of these woman had careers and aspirations shown at times other than being some piece of *ss. I miss Felicia as the PI, Tiffany as the savvy business woman at times, Georgie as the smart quirky aspiring writer, Laura as the devoted mother with interests outside of her kids too, Emily as the aspiring doctor. IA that none of the female characters on GH are likable. Characters I used to like like Robin aren't close to being the same as they were. I think Days is a perfect example. They have stories centered around women not stories centered around a woman being a prop or just a POA for a man. That's part of why I hate AMC now too besides the fact I detest KEndall and Zach.

• Members

Bingo which is why Pratt leaving AMC perplexes me. He's turned AMC into GH so good luck to whoever takes over. I don't think Broderick being the HW will make a bit of difference because I agree it's an ABC thing, not HW specific. Days is by far the best soap on now and that whole baby switch story was about Nicole and Sami. If it was GH or AMC it would be centered around Jason, Sonny, or whichever male was the one involved.

Archived