The best/worst Baby Switch Storylines

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed the Gwen/Jenn baby switch on ATWT and I didn't think I would in the beginning. They played A LOT of beats in that storyline and integrated much of the cast. I liked how it collided with the Carly/Iris storyline. That was the last time ATWT was truly great for me, though it's showing a lot of promise right now.

I definitely think the Nicole/Sami switch on DAYS was well done. The Hope/Lexie switch, on the other hand, is another story.

AMC dragged the Bianca/Babe switch out forever, partially because everything had to be timed to go along with OLTL's end of the story. I agree with everyone who says characters were sacrificed at the altar of Babe. I thought the Michael Cambias mystery & Bianca's rape/pregnancy that preceded it was much better done. Either way, it wasn't worth it in the end and the payoff was a total waste, since Bianca immediately slipped into a coma.

The Amber/Becky switch on B&B was okay.

And of course, this Ashley/Sharon thing on Y&R is predictable and disgusting.

• Administrator

Tom Langan wrote it. There was the stupid "Vote for the father" thing with John or Stefano and Bo wasn't even an option. It also involved Rolf, his niece Marlo (Rolf killed her by snapping her neck after pushing her down the stairs...WTF). John was thought to be the father because he slept with Princess Gina (Hope). Then it involved Glen and Barb (Glen was Marlo's ex) and they tried to blackmail the Dimeras. There was also the chip in Hope's brain that could turn her back into Princess Gina. It was horrible!

Thankfully Brash and Cwickly ended it and Isaac was revealed to be Bo's.

Tom Langan can suck it. Gary Tomlin just schooled him on how to write a baby switch.

• Members

The fact they had Hope sleep with Stefano is beyond repulsive I don't think they even went there with Marlena and Vivian. If I were Hope and had slept with Stefano even though I was Gina or whatever, I would be swimming in an ocean of holy water to try and and cleanse me.

Archived