Y&R: Some Spumors From Soap Central

Evan

• Members

Adam/Sharon become much closer.

Adam goes completely blind!

Sharon is there for Adam, and Nick isn't happy.

Nina and Paul make love.

Paul's fake relationship with Jill isn't fake for much longer.

Paul is torn between Jill and Nina.

Patty/MJ is out to get revenge on Jack, and Dr Petersen is in the firing line.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I've been in favor of this from the beginning, so it's no problem for me. But I somehow wonder if Ashley is going to be a part of this triangle too? If not, I'm happy if Adam just works with Ash to take over Chancellor.

Honestly, it's all a little rushed, but I have no complaints. Paul had been integrated with the Newmans, but with most of the Newmans off the canvas, that wasn't looking good. So, too, the Williams clan ain't coming back (see below). With Carolyn Conwell too ill to continue in her role as Mary, Corbin Bernsen (probably) too expensive to bring back regularly as Todd, and nary a mention of Steve...that family is gone for good. Plus...

...it seems to me at the end of this, Patty will be dead.

In the short term, it seems clear that Patty will somehow trade places with Dr. Emily and then masquerade as her...and nobody will believe Emily is Emily.

But in the conclusion of all of this, it seems likely to me that Patty will be killed. (Maybe she'll disappear, but I hope not). Then, Emily will ascend to her role as the new talk-two and romantic plaything of the over-40 men. I enjoy Haiduk, but I wonder if the role is sustainable...unconnected to everyone else on the canvas.

ETA: The thing of beauty in the Nina-Paul-Jill triangle is the Nina-Jill dynamic. Seeing these two divas at each other's throats over a man...heavenly! I hope that turns into a real story, instead of the comedic-beat of the week.

And if a deranged Cricket does return to town...won't she just love Nina and Paul together!

• Members

Paul isn't the man I'd want for Jill, but I'd accept it if the storyline actually got screentime. It's not a terrible idea and if it were well developed it could be very interesting. Unfortunately it won't be properly developed so it won't work. Jill is such a hated character by the writers I dread to see how she will be portrayed. She doesn't get to be smart or sexy and she has no power. It's sick what they've done to Jill Abbott. A waste of such a complex character. More interesting than her counterparts (Jack and Victor).

Archived