AMC: TV Guide Interviews Rebecca Budig

• Members

If she does not need the money, why does she not keep plugging away in LA? She can get the financing for her own tv movies on Lifetime, etc. Does she need the attention? It isn't like AMC is high art. Something strange is happening there.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she said the only thing preventing her staying with the show last time was the bicoastal marriage to Bob. She also said she would not be adverse to living in NY again . So really , she`s always hinted she would return to the show , no matter where it was flimed .

• Members

This explains why RB didn't keep plugging away in LA. RB must have to work and support her reality tv husband who has no steady employment.

About Hunt Block, I have heard that he is from the H&R Block family, but is he a close relative with a share of that money or is he a distant relative?

• Members

I think that is a HUGE motivator for many people in Hollywood. Just think of all the mega stars in Hollywood who keep doing movies even though they have enough money for 20 lives. Hell, look at Oprah. She's a billionaire and she's still doing awkward interviews on daytime TV. It's not ALWAYS about the money.

• Members

This concept....might be shocking...

Maybe she enjoys working!?!?

:o :o :o

Many people have plenty of money but continue to work anyways. Susan Lucci and David Canary could've both easily retired with this move to LA and they continue on with the show. Why? It's a job. It's something to occupy your day. It's fun. It's fun to be apart of an acting company. And it's not fun to sit around in LA with nothing to do.

• Members

Ambitious unemployed actors go on auditions, go to acting classes, network and work in the theater. They do not sit around doing nothing. RB went to LA to make it in prime time. She keeps coming back because she needs the money and knows that she will never do more than soaps, then again maybe she does need the attention.

• Members

Nelson also shot down an article SOS did months before about RB being back on AMC and said it wasnt true.

Looks like we were right, he was wrong. And he was wrong about her on recurring.

I really like this interview. She was pretty open and honest. To bad they didnt go more in depth.

Hopefully Greenlee returns, not fauxGreenlee like we got.

as for her coming and going, first of all shes only came back and left once, and when she left we all knew she would bolt so why anyone acted surprised is beyond on me, but lets not treat her as if shes eden who refuses to commit to the show. its obvious RB was unhappy with what they were doing with her char and didnt enjoy it and left. shes trying it again, on contract, commited to the show. the ball is in their court here.

• Members

I know some people don't seem to understand that many of these actors, including RB are already filthy rich. There money works for them, they don't work for it. Husband or no husband the woman is flush. It's called a trust fund, a rich family, not to mention the years she's already put in on soaps. I'd love it if she didn't use AMC as her hobby, but she can afford to do that and Frons allows it, so this is what we get.

As far as Susan Lucci goes, she has other businesses. She doesn't need AMC. She may enjoy the work and attention, but it's very obvious she doesn't need it.

Archived