Franco to GH?: Top 10 List A La Letterman

• Members

James Franco to guest star for two months on General Hospital has to be the biggest bombshell news in the decades I’ve watched and written about soaps. I just heard, and it’s fabulous! As much as I love soaps, my mind jumped to wise guy remarks, a la David Letterman’s nightly Top 10.

Here’s my instant Top 10 list.......

http://www.marlenadelacroix.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just think the fawning the GH brass has done and the references to "an actor of his caliber" WTH!?!?!? Soaps offer NOW and have offered actors who could act in ANY genre and do well. I have no problems with Franco joining and will give him a chance, but I have to admit that some of the bloom is off the rose, for me, after those comments.

• Members

Another foe for Jason.No surprise.When a big time celebrity(Someone who manages to get real work other then Soap Operas)it plays a mobster for "SuperSonny" and "JasonMan" to face.JFP pure hogs the spotlight by saying how "Privliged" she is to get a REAL actor on her soap.She might have licked his cock or blackmaileed him.Anyway hope Franco doesn`t get shot so Jason can look good.

• Members

The first thing that came to mind I applaud that he's giving a dying genre this kind of blitz/buzzzz..he's studying for a Masters in film so it makes perfect sense to me.

My second thought came to story then HOD via Bob Guza and their trickery. Who will be a part of his blitz and buzz on GH?

Who on GH will be along for this ride?

will it be Tony Geary? Jane Elliot? Jackie Zeman? John York? Nancy Lee Grahn, Kimberly McCullough? Tyler Christopher, Rebecca Herbst? those who have been with this show and did the grunt work for over a decade ......or.... those push aside back burnered regulated to recurring characters who never see the light of day like Kent-Masters-King, Minae? Will. I see two intense actors like Jonathan Jackson and Franco in at least one scene together? Their acting styles are similar that Depp, Dean, Montgomery Clift, Brando kind of vibe going on...

No I'm not stuck on stupid, it will be the pets it will be Steve Burton (since its rumored they share the same agent), Maurice Benard who I think will be in his realm of greatness on General Hospital: The Fronaco Show.

Lawd knows I wub me some Franco but my Fronsology tells me he's being brought in to pimp and prop the "A-List" players probably

and its a short list. Another endless stunt/ploy to give attention to those who are the chosen ones to be in the presence of his caliber of greatness..while we the fans of the "little people characters" suffer through it...but it will improve ratings so for that I'm grateful.

Archived