Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Of all the triangles Rauch and Co. were into...I can't believe they never revisited Harley and Jarsh. Well, I know its because they have to have two women fighting over one man and one woman is evil, but would have been cool to have a no villain triangle...(and saved us from Gush...) And it would have driven the Java nuts and Pharley nuts crazy!!!

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol and you pin pointed why B&E at least, could not revisit Josh/Harley . In order for that writing team to do a potential Reva/Josh/Harley/Phillip quad (or triangle), someone had to be the villain, as demonstrated by nearly all the triangles that took place under them. 

I must say though, I'd rather have had Josh/Harley than Josh/Cassie towards the end of the show's run, however that in itself is another discussion for another day lol

• Members

Newman was lured back in 1993.. and the plan had been originally to do a Harley/Mallet/Josh triangle.. but I'm guessing between the time the show was trying to pure Newman back and him agreeing.. both Beth E and Mark D opted to quit the show.

I remember Josh first coming back with him coming to Harley and she basically letting him have it for basically dumping her and then expecting to come back like nothing happened.  Plus Mallet/Josh butted heads because of Julie/Dylan's busted wedding.  

However, the back up plan for Josh (Tangie) didn't work.

• Members

Has Marcie Walker ever talked specifically about how she felt working with JFP on GL? I remember reading a comment she made about feeling JFP had used her to keep her job as EP but I don't remember the source of the statement.

• Members

I remember reading that comment, too, @chrisml.  She made it during some interview with one of the soap mags, but I forget which one.  At any rate, I think her comment made it clear that their working relationship had soured by the time she left GL.

• Members

The Four Musketeers reunion is happening. 

Guiding Light’s Four Musketeers made their debut back in June of 1983 and we will celebrate the 40th anniversary live in The Locher Room on Thursday, June 15th at 3 p.m. EST / 12 p.m

• Members

I will never understand why the show didn't simply toss Marcy into an established character role, as it would've possibly made her stint longer.

Does anyone think she would've been good as a Morgan (Richards) recast?  I mean it would've still connected her to Josh (Robert Newman) as didn't Morgan/Josh have a fling before she was written off?

• Members

Based on how Tangie ended up going into the Holly/Roger/Blake orbit... instead of Tangie being his ward/foster child... I think maybe Marcy could have been Blake's cousin Emily.... she could have still had that tension with Roger... and been conflicted over the Holly/Fletcher hook up and keeping it quiet.

• Members

I think this was a rumor around 2000 or 2001, yes.

That would have made more sense than what we got. Either that or they should have established her a blood relative to Roger immediately instead of the convoluted story we got.