Y&R: September 17 preview

• Members

I still believe she will NOT die. She will be saved. They wouldn't do it.

I saw this clip somewhere else and it made me sick to my stomach.

This is NOT a Horror Movie.

This is a Daytime Soap where people watch for other things NOT this CRAP.

Where has all the Beautiful Escapism on Soaps gone too??

With that said, I still believe Colleen will NOT die, I just cannot see them letting this happen.

The younger people of Core Family's carry on the show, they should not be killing anybody.

I will say this Patty and NuAdam MUST LEAVE!!!!!!!! There is NO redemption at all.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually have high hopes for this storyline. The Colleen character isn't essential (there are plenty of other Abbotts) and it's not just a random death for shock value - it's the climax to a story that has been building for more than 6 months now and hopefully it will have long-term effects, like Cassie's death. It will also hopefully give Traci a bigger role on the show (which is what should have happened for Colleen when Brad died, but I digress) and give Beth Maitland something to sink her teeth into.

P.S. That's the creepiest damn promo I've ever seen.

• Members

She's Traci's only child, and John Abboot's first granddaughter, so she is essential. Not like we're ever going to see Jack's children, Delia is still a baby, and I'd hardly call Abby a developed character, and she's on less than Colleen is (thankfully).

There was no need to murder another character, death should never be the first option.

Now Patty has caused brain damaged to a little girl, killed an innocent dog, and killed an innocent core character. How will any of this be excused? She's irredeemable and caused too much harm with little to no motivation over the past couple of months that she's been on this show.

What connection does Colleen have to Patty Jane? Those two characters have hardly ever crossed paths, and since elsewhere it was spoiled that Victor is getting Colleen's heart. How crass, since he spent the last few months of her life trying to make it a hellish existence on Earth for her.

Cassie's death was the result is something very real that often happens to people in everyday life. She wasn't killed by some one-note psycho with very weak motivations. Her family unit was played on screen for years and for months leading up to her death, it was all shattered when she died. Colleen has no real family unit, and she's hardly been onscreen with Tammin in the role leading up to this death. It's not even a remotely similar situation.

There was no reason to have Colleen die at all at the hands of a psycho she's never really interacted with. For that alone, it is done for shock value.

Also, what long-term effects did Colleen's father's death have? I can't see any.

Colleen is hardly ever on now, and she's never mentioned when she isn't on. I certainly don't expect any long-term ramifications of this. Traci will be gone soon, Brad is dead, John is dead, Ashley is being driven nuts, Abby is never on, Billy only cares about himself, Jack is too preoccupied with Victor, Sharon, and Patty, Lily only worries about herself, her cancer, and Cane, and JT and Victoria have their own problems. So, who will this effect over an extended period of time?

But she won't be here for very long, this is just one of her periodic visits. While I have no doubt she'll do a great acting job, Traci simply won't be on long enough for any real effect.

Personally, I thought it looked cheap. The grayish graphics look cheap to me.

• Members

There are only a few Abbotts left. There's Traci, who is rarely seen. Ashley, who barely spends time with her family even when she is sane. Billy, who has absolutely no use for anyone in his family 99% of the time. Jack, who does love his family, but is presented as a complete failure as an Abbott and unworthy of the name.

The family is basically dead.

• Members

I don't expect Patty to be redeemed. I expect her to be off the show very soon. But how is she any worse than any of the other psychos Y&R has had? Matt Clark, Tricia McNeil, Veronica Landers...

That's nothing new. When Sheila killed Taylor on B&B, she had barely been a part of the Sheila arc up until then.

And Abby, who, with a more skilled actress in the role, could be a powerhouse character in the future. They can also bring back Kyle.

• Members

Patty's past that happened off the show has yet to be explained, and they haven't given us a tease as to what caused her to go off the deep end. She's also tied to the Williams family, she wasn't an expendable psycho character like Matt, Tricia, and Veronica, and I enjoyed all of those characters. Not to mention, she existed on the show before wasn't an outright psycho in the 80's.

But Taylor isn't really dead, Colleen's death will be final, and Y&R isn't as outrageous as B&B is. It's outrageous with this writing regime in place and has had outrageous elements for years, but I seriously doubt they have any plans of retconning Colleen's death. Death is final on Y&R, especially with the way Colleen will be killed off.

Also, Taylor, as much as she is apart of B&B, is not a core character and her ties to the fabric of B&B and to multiple characters on the show isn't the same as Colleen's is to the overall canvas of Y&R. Colleen had immense potential as a character and was supposed to be a leader in the next generation of the show. Now, all of that is wasted.

I don't think they have any intention of writing for Abby, and for some reason, they've never been interested in showing Jack being a father to his own children, that's pretty shameful. Not to mention, Colleen fits in perfectly in her age group, and she's one of the few people on the show in the early 20's age group, which Abby and Kyle don't fall into, neither do the Scobbies who are late 20's/early 30's at this point anyway.

• Members

At the time, she was very much dead, and it was intended to stay that way. It wasn't until 3 years later that Brad ran out of ideas and cooked up that ridiculous resurrection storyline.

If the likes of Taylor and P3 can be resurrected, Colleen can. (Although personally I hope they don't because I strongly oppose back-from-the-dead storylines.)

True. But Y&R is still set in the same fictional universe as B&B, as evidenced by all of the crossovers over the years. So theoretically, what happens on B&B can also happen on Y&R, and vice versa.

• Members

But there's no guarantee that will ever happen to Colleen, and Y&R's usually not up for that kind of extreme stuff.

Though they exist in the same universe, both shows have always been stylistically different. But who knows anymore, this definitely isn't the Y&R made of us stared watching in the first place. I don't expect Colleen's death to ever be reversed.

• Members

I dont think Y&R will be on that long either since they are killing of legacy characters and soaps in general are just phasing out. I know the whole storyline and Victor will end up getting Colleen's heart, its more then just drowning and getting lost in the woods, the character is finished :(.

Why couldn't they have put Colleen on recurring? Traci is on recurring she comes back once in a year probally so it was completly unecessary to kill of Colleen. The writers just dont care about this character fullstop.

• Members

I don't see Colleen being killed off and also I do NOT see Victor getting her heart.

That was something a poster made up on another board saying that because Victor doesn't have a heart.

Thing is strongly believe Colleen will be saved.

• Members

In all fairness, Colleen is actually the first legacy character the current writers have killed off, unless you count Sabrina and Ashley's babies (which I don't).

I don't think Victor will get her heart either. Traci would have to consent, and why on earth would she?

I hope you're right. I'd love for this to all be a big hoax and for TS to continue in the role for years to come. But I won't hold my breath.

Archived