Y&R: September 17 preview

• Members

Look at this promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZZAd6EEujU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdelusionaltruth.com%2F&feature=player_embedded#t=59

I hope September 17th turns out to be one of the LOWEST rated days in that week. This stunt driven writing is totally turning this show into s.hit, and totally making it overly hallow, stupid, and unwatchable.

They aren't interested in "redeeming" Patty Jane, and knowing that she'll be at least in part responsible for yet ANOTHER

makes me beleive that MAB wants to keep her as a psycho villain to show how "dangerous" she is, as she told Nelson. This crap is embarrassing.

I hope this turns out to be Maria, Hogan, and Scott's "Out of The Ashes." Though, I certainly expect it will will be just as lousy.

THIS is everything wrong with Y&R and soaps in general: http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2009/09/the-young-and-the-restless-september-17-episode-sneak-peek-video-clip-preview/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's infuriating that they they'd rather infuse stunt after stunt on this show. Remember just up to a few years back when a simple conversation would be the most riveting thing on the show?

These stunts feel cheap, emotionless, are poorly executed, and have little to no aftermath.

I can't believe this writing team thinks this is in touch with "history" and what everyone wants.

I for one hope this is a major bomb.

I wish I had that optimism, since the aftermath of other stories have been so POORLY handled this year.

Especially given how little this writing regime has cared about the victim of this stunt with the little writing and attention they've given her...

• Members

I just posted that in the spoiler section since I didn't come in here. Oh well. The episode does seem to be pretty compelling but I would have thought there'd be more aftermath of Brad's death but sadly, it will more than likely be so in this case.

• Members

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

As I posted in the other thread...

Look at this promo, I hope September 17th turns out to be one of the LOWEST rated days in that week. This stunt driven writing is totally turning this show into s.hit, and totally making it overly hallow, stupid, and unwatchable.

They aren't interested in "redeeming" Patty Jane, and knowing that she'll be at least in part responsible for yet ANOTHER DEATH makes me believe that MAB wants to keep her as a psycho villain to show how "dangerous" she is, as she told Nelson. This crap is embarrassing.

I hope this turns out to be Maria, Hogan, and Scott's "Out of The Ashes." Though, I certainly expect it will will be just as lousy.

It's infuriating that they they'd rather infuse stunt after stunt on this show. Remember just up to a few years back when a simple conversation would be the most riveting thing on the show?

These stunts feel cheap, emotionless, are poorly executed, and have little to no aftermath.

I can't believe this writing team thinks this is in touch with "history" and what everyone wants.

I for one hope this is a major bomb.

I don't expect the aftermath to be played well. We saw how badly played the aftermath of Brad's death was played and how horrible the aftermath of other stories have been on Y&R this year.

This bombing would give the idiotic and EGOTISTICAL writers on this show a needed hit...

• Members

I bet MAB doesn't consider killing core characters and constantly murdering people to be a "mistake." You know, since she doesn't make those. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When this show is canceled in a few years, at least we can say it was the ego and utter lack of talent and creativity from these losers in charge that drove this show there.

We sadly can't say anyone tried to save this sinking ship.

MAB's defenders seem to be dwindling these days anyway, which is a good thing.

• Members

As someone who watched Colleen birth, this makes me very sad. So in a couple of months Ashley loses her baby and now Traci loses her only child. This is awful. Meanwhile, Jack, who continues to pine for a child, has two sons out there that barely get mention. I'm sure Billy will follow suit soon. I'm really perplexed by these decisions.

Archived