Y&R: September 17 preview

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember that well. I never missed an episode, and have watched what I can find (mostly Season One, not my favorite) on Hulu or wherever it is shown.

Fearless predictions:

1. Two years from now, Colleen (played by Lyndsy Fonseca) returns to Genoa City. It turns out that Adrian Korbel was really (as we suspected) a Mossad agent. Loving Colleen, when "enemy" forces tried to kill Korbel's loved one, he spirited her away, and replaced her with a diabolical look-a-like (work with me here!) from Australia. (This is no less plausible than P3's faked death--and it is one of the many stupid retcons that could erase this misguided killing of a core Abbott family member).

2. On B&B, Bill Spencer Jr. will admit that during his time before LA, he spent a lot of time in Australia. There, he fathered a daughter out of wedlock. When she comes to LA, young "Tammy Spencer" will be played by Tammin Sursock!

• Members

Do you get the Goodlife Channel? They show St. Elsewhere. I have a special fondness for the first and last season because they're so different from the other seasons (which were overall quite strong and had great in-jokes and continuity and drama, but also had a lot of misogyny).

I like your ideas. I do wonder if the Phillip return may put Y&R off any back from the dead stories for a while. I'm still not sure why he returned, it's sad.

I think fans would probably accept any reason for Colleen and Brad returning. The only good side to Y&R being so shallow about their deaths is that it will be less difficult for viewers to accept their returns.

• Members

Oh my. That's hilarious! I'm sure the recipient will ostensibly be "mellowed" by this precious gift, but I'm also sure they'll never play your brilliant homoerotic suggestion!

No Goodlife here.

There are a few old shows I really miss and not really available to me. Flamingo Road. St. Elsewhere. (They were back-to-back on Tuesdays in the 1980s when I loved them). Northern Exposure (though I have seen bits of that). I just bought Thirtysomething Season One...and am surprised at how annoyed I am by the characters! :lol: I loved them back in the day, and didn't find them whiny at all. Now...not so much :).

You're joking about "I like your ideas" right? I mean them to PREPOSTEROUS!

Yes, Brad could also be "fake dead", if they want to go crazy, on run from the Kommandant's Nazis. Indeed, that could have been "real Brad" who rescued Colleen. (New scenario: To save his family, he played dead last January. The reason he was buried so quickly was because he didn't want anyone to figure out the body switch. What we saw under the ice was a B&B-style wax doll. Since then, the ex-Navy Seal has been keeping close tabs on Colleen. When he saw this jeopardy, he dove in and saved his precious daughter. That wasn't "ghost Brad" at the end of today's show. That was the real guy. The reason the scenario won't work, of course, is because I gather we're going to SEE a body, and the heart is going to be removed. This ain't Soapdish!)

I am actively now engaged in anticipatory mourning for my lost Y&R. But it is interesting to see how this happens. Writing slips. Affiliates abandon the show. The drain is circled.

• Members

Yeah it's weird how what you once tolerate on a show that annoys you in later years. The "let me talk about my feelings" genre does not age well. It's one of the reasons I found Karen extremely insufferable on Knots Landing sometimes. And that daughter of hers. I loved it when Eric smacked her in the mouth.

I thought you were just going with the absurdity of Y&R over the past few years and using it to your benefit. I actually think your idea about Colleen would be a great service to the character. She has not been herself in some time. Even the Leon version did not quite seem like Colleen to me, although she was closer than Tammin.

Do you have Netflix? They have Northern Exposure.

lovely_m, JT did have scorching chemistry with some men. I loved him Korbel. Really hot. If there was ever a bi guy on Y&R it should have been JT, and Korbel. They both gave me the impression they'd sleep with anyone.

Archived