B&B: Is Kimberlin Brown coming back?

• Members

I was just cruising SOD.com and shocked to see SOW's cover.

There's a pic of the devine KIMBERLIN BROWN: Back to B&B? - so does anyone know what's up with this story?

Mere speculation on their part or any actual hints that Kimberlin/Sheila could actually be on their way back to LA???

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My guess is that it is spurious. It is probably just a report that she's now healed from her car accident (enough to work). Coupled with her TV interview last year (in which she said she had initially been able to do Y&R's Pheila arc, but could not because of the accident), it is probably SOW speculating that now that she _can_ work, how long before she is put to work. Given that Brad Bell, Kay Alden and Jack Smith are all fans of Kimberlin's Sheila, there is a certain logic that she might end up there.

I love love love Kimberlin, but I want Sheila dead. Why? Because they have never figured out how to get her out of the corner she's written in, so she's always islanded in a hotel room or an apartment. I'd love Kimberlin back (on either show) as a post-institutionalization Sugar--trying to find her place in the world.

The only problem is this: Coming back as a different character is almost never successful. Also, Sugar has no ties to anyone...so it is all kind of random. And Kimberlin is just old enough that they can't bring her on as the new romantic lead. Neither B&B nor Y&R need anyone in her age group. On B&B, that goes double, given the neglect of Lesli Kay. On Y&R...well...we surely don't need more psychos. And again, what other place could she play?

I guess I'd be intrigued if Sugar was truly repentant, damaged...needing to be cared for. And if the story was about LAUREN making peace with her past by helping Sugar. The audience would be on edge, wondering if it was really Sugar...or if she was really healed. But that, again, would be on Y&R...and I don't think Y&R fans would stand for any more [ a ] psychos, or [ b ] B&B castoffs (even though Sheila is more than that!).

• Members

Nelson's comments have me VERY curious.

So if everything goes along smoothly and Brad Bell comes up with a good story, I guess by the end of November Sheila could be back in LA. I concur Mark H's sentiment but on the other hand I still think that with a good story Sheila is redeemable. My personal choice would be to make her amnesiac so that at least she can't remember her passt deeds. Would produce an interesting new dynamic...

• Members

I don't know about Sheila/Kim but that is the truth about Bell, he wrote her very well. Her last stint on Y&R was horrendous and I actually felt bad for the Kimberlin Brown.

I don't know about B&B I don't watch anymore did only years ago, but Y&R sure as heck does not need her after this Patty/Adam storyline and the famous Chipmunk storyline. NOWAY.

The only reason, I'm posting in here is the Kimerlin Brown is what caught my attention.

I wonder if they brought her who would she terrorize last time I watched when she was on I believe she was terrorizing Brooke/Ridge/Eric/Amber, I believe? She shot Taylor, it was made to look like Ridge jumped into a furnace, I think?

I also believe last we saw of Sheila's daughter Mary?

• Members

KB is amazing, I want her back anyday anyway anyhow. It's not like the soaps are clinging to any standard of excellence anyway, so what if she's already been used and overused or it wouldnt make sense. You gotta take what you get out of this tired genre, and just seeing Sheila again, and having the delight of Kimberlin's performance would be enough for me!

• Members

I would love a Sheila return on B&B (but not Y&R - her Y&R stories always end up being about Lauren). Sheila's 2002 story was what first got me hooked on B&B.

I have to disagree with Alvin's statement and say that Sheila is EXACTLY what B&B needs, even if only for a short time.

• Members

I only want Sheila back if, like Y&R's Mary Jane, I am made to feel her pain...and if they figure out a path to redemption.

I want Sheila amidst the citizens of Genoa City or LA...in broad daylight...struggling with temper and anger, but trying to be a better person. I want Sheila as a fierce mother to Mary/Erica and Diana.

If they give me that, and stop with the psycho sh!t, I'll take her back in a heartbeat on either show.

I'll also tolerate her as Sugar, trying to overcome the biases people have against her because of her face and her mental illness history.

• Members

How would they undo that LML crap? I stopped watching Y&R in the middle of that Pheila story (only to return very briefly for Vicky Rowell's last week) so I don't know how it ended, but is it possible that that was actually Sugar?

• Members

There are a number of possible fixes.

First, Pheila had a different face. So we have no way of proving it was Sheila. We'd have to figure out who it was, and why they did what they did, and why they masqueraded as Sheila...but that story could be told.

Second, during Kimberlin's last stay, she had Sugar made over to look like Sheila (Kimberlin)...so we don't know if the "Sugar" in prison is really Sheila pretending to be Sugar...in which case Pheila might really have been Sugar. (They'd have to explain why Sugar did all that, knew all that...)

Third, Pheila's on-screen death was shockingly...fake. The body just sat/lay there...a thin trickle of blood...eyes wide open. At the time, I thought "She's not really dead, and those coroners carrying her out are paid employees". Remember, Sheila was rich with Massimo's stolen loot.

So, there are lots of pieces here that would permit a retcon.

• Members

Just read my tagline on how I feel about the Pheila story. Plus with James' recent appearances on B&B it would be perfect timing :D Naturally, I'd love a Sheila return but the last few times have been quite terrible. Sheila is crazy but she is not mirror-talking crazy. Heck remember Sheila's 2003 return on B&B with Sugar? That was so laughably bad! Her '02 return was good though. Have Sheila try to get a fresh start in LA again.

Archived