AMC: Friday, August 7, 2009

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Caught AMC today. I was very moved by the Marion/Liza scenes. I am a little embarrassed, but must admit that I got teary eyed when they hugged goodbye. I am glad to see the harsh criticism of Jamie Luna is dying down. I think she is doing a fine job as Liza.

I enjoyed the Amanda/Tad/Taylor/Opal scenes today. Taylor is coming into her own. I think her potential pairing with Tad can work. They have a nice easy going relationship that should turn into a good romance.

• Members

I thought today was quite good.

I was surprised how much attention they actually gave to Marian after her shooting Marissa. I figured she would be carted out of the court house and that would be it. I really enjoyed the Marian/Liza scenes at the police station. Jennifer Bassey was just amazing and Jamie Luner was pretty good herself. I could actually believe their relationship, and it's a shame this is the end of JB because it's her and MEK that really get me behind Luner's Liza.

Chip Hayes has some great lines sometimes. Annie Nicole Smith was hilarious.

• Members

I also got teary eyed at Liza/Marian.

Even though I'm disappointed that Taylor has completely lost her tough girl edge, I do think Beth Ehlers has off-the-wall chemistry with Michael Knight. I just hope Taylor doesn't start working at Fusion next!

I loved how quickly Opal figured out their scheme. I hope Jill Larson can be persuaded to make occasional guest appearances when the show moves to LA.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Zach? I just hate him even more for firing Rachel. I know this was originally a Thursday show pushed back due to Michael Jackon's funeral, but I thought the ending with Zach brooding was a huge letdown after everything else.

• Members

JR's "Annie Nicole Smith" line was perfectly hysterical!

Taylor is the biggest moron on the show. She can't look up the answer to her urgent baby question or pick up a phone and call someone? No she's got to don her girlie outfit and lug the poor baby all the way across town to the Grand Central Martin Station where it was certain that at least one person would find out about the baby being alive! Dolt!

• Members

Just catching up, enjoyed Thursday's show very much, Friday's too, but there were some slow scenes today.

I wish we'd gone back to more of Hubbards with Angie on the trail, let us sustain some momentum with those characters. Instead I get more Martin Baby Liar rehash (though Opal was fun and T&T do have chemistry as long as they keep the mugging to a minimum) & Marissa's circle worrying over her health (not looking forward to that).

In the courtroom there seemed to be more two-shots with Marissa (intrepid law clerk) and Kendall than Liza (her actual attorney) and Kendall. Maybe it's just me. I am tired of her and she doesn't really do anything but be *everywhere* or lecture parents and the Chandlers.

The rest was pretty good.

Marian and JL can't say enough what a terrific job they did together and in their individual performances. Like Jonathan I found their scenes a real "treat". Like Ann_SS, I too, am glad JL is being accepted more as Liza. I enjoy her and think she is getting better as we go along. I hope someday we can see Marian again...thank god Pratt didn't kill her. :)

As much as I enjoyed Marian's soapy and much overdue moment in her husband's murder mystery. The lack of build up and follow-through (Pratt staples, imo) sort of seems like a tit-for-tat excuse for Kendall's killing of Stuart. See what Marian did under emotional duress? Why it can happen to anyone. We don't want to blame Kendall for the actions of a woman riddled with grief? You get the idea. A little subtlety would be such a nice touch on AMC once again. I miss it.

Unsubtle or not, I got a kick out of Marian and Liza. I wish their relationship would be ongoing.

JR and Annie exchange barbs well. I wish he hadn't gone the route of calling her a whore (not like it's OOC) but Annie gave back as good as that with a smack.

Colby held her own with Annie today. Right or wrong she held the eye contact and would not back down.

I still remain scared of Jake Martin doing surgery since Kendall's brain surgery by flashlight during the Tornado. *shudders* Marissa lucked up.

PS-Luner *do* look good in blue. More, please.

Archived