Lynda Hirsch talks about Paul Rauch

• Members

This is the direct quote from Daytime Confidential which also attribute MAB and Paul Rauch as being the ones playing hardball:

Source: http://daytimeconfidential.com/

And here is NElson's latest blurb about it from his column. He doesn't say the exact same thing as DC but he does use Rauch and MAB in regards to her re-signing:

While we are on the subject, the quote above by Nelson about MTS further makes me distrust the man. He is clearly trying to eat it up to MAB and Y&R. The man who has praised MTS' acting so much in the past few years - even giving her a Best Actress award and then he calls her a "hair model" - his term for someone who can't act.

So now we even have DC putting Rauch and MAB in the midst of the contract stuff.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DC prints a lot of gossip, so I don't always take their word. I like to hear it from the actor's first. That's what I posted the Michael Grazeidei interview. He didn't mention having contract negotiations with MAB or Rauch, he said it was Steven Kent from Sony who negotiated his contract with him. Also, as we've seen from public records, like Jess Walton's political donations, she lists Sony as her employer, so that gives me more reason to believe that Kent is the one that deals with contracts.

Sony is the one in charge of the show's distribution and production costs, so it makes sense that Kent does the contracts too.

• Members

I guess Sony did pull Wyndham, Stuart, and Dano out of their asses then.

Or maybe all that was a lie too. Who knows Nelson and the online sources may have made that up too just to make Walton look bad. Maybe she was never threatened at all.

I'm just going to adopt the policy of not believing anything they say anymore. Because I can't be like others and believe it this week but not next.

• Members

But which of them don't these days.

Even SON itself used to not condone gossip but in the last few weeks they have long threads that were basically gossip or were based on gossip. SOW and SOD are just gossip rags and tabloid journalism.

So who do you believe. Basically you can't believe any of them anymore.

I just frankly don't trust any of them anymore.

• Members

And really, it's the smartest thing I think any of us can do.

I get sucked into it as much as the next person. I'm not saying I'm totally innocent either. I get caught up in the "drama" of it all - but then I realize it's all just random words typed on a screen, that the masses believe because... well, we all want to believe in the "Soapdish" aspect of it all, I think. It makes swallowing all the horrors we're being forced to all that much easier. Cancellations and crappy ratings and bad EP's and HW's not being fired - and really, if we can get behind any champion in all of this, and say "Yeah! Fight! Kick their asses! Make them show you respect!" it gives us the story we've always wanted for daytime. To stand up and fight back for respect. So yeah - it's tempting to find the villain to point a finger at in all of this. And why not Rauch, if a couple popular sites throw the name out there? Why not Frons or Bloom or MAB or Sheffer or SONY or even these "damned actors who don't know how good they have it"?

But really we forget that the journalists are hanging on by a thread as much as the shows are, and the fans are. It sucks, and it's a shame. But everybody's just fighting to be noticed in these tough times. Doesn't matter who you are or what role you play in the soap opera experience.

• Members

He said former hair model, there is a difference and how does that make you distrust him? Actors are hired all the time on soaps for their looks and LEARN to act. It happens. He's always said he wasn't impressed with MTS for a long time and that she's come into her own the past few years. He's been very consistent. He also said last year that he was over Jess Walton as Jill, she was overrated, etc. and when reporting on her comeback this year, he acknowledged how bored he was with Jill and how Walton has revitalized the part.

• Members

Who knows for sure, but there is always the possibility that Sony asked a veteran producer like Paul Rauch if he knew any actresses who'd make a good replacement for Walton. I mean, that would make sense.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 7 2009, 11:13 PM)
He said former hair model, there is a difference and how does that make you distrust him? Actors are hired all the time on soaps for their looks and LEARN to act. It happens. He's always said he wasn't impressed with MTS for a long time and that she's come into her own the past few years. He's been very consistent. He also said last year that he was over Jess Walton as Jill, she was overrated, etc. and when reporting on her comeback this year, he acknowledged how bored he was with Jill and how Walton has revitalized the part.

MTS has acted since she was a child. She may never have been the best actress but even in her early years on Y&R she had a great deal of presence and raw talent. I've never seen her as a bad actress who got better. I can understand why others would feel that way, but it's interesting that some others on Y&R who are far more inconsistent, like Eileen Davidson, aren't under the same "hair model" scrutiny.

Archived