Mom blames Tori for Aaron Spelling's death

Cat

• Members

I think it's a lovely property, reminds me of some of the grande homes in Georgetown. The interior is too white for my liking, but that could of course be fixed. :P

I can hardly wait to see pics of Candy's Century City duplex complete with rose garden, I read about it so long ago I don't even know if the building's completed or not. Do you know? I hope the interior looks nothing like The Manor, I'd like to see a plush mod layout.

Speaking of L.A. condos, I'd still like to see that spread in Hello! on Joan's Sierra Towers unit. I'd like to see her neighbor Diahann Carroll's as well.

I read up on the towers several months ago and found it interesting how one guy handles all of the real estate transactions there and the units are almost always gutted and refitted whenever anyone moves in. Crazy.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the white and the amount of light inside is what attracts me. To me, it's not the obnoxious, blinding clinical white, it just diaphanous and limpid.

I find Robert A.M. Stern's The Century to be a horrible tower. Just like I do his Art Deco 15 Central Park West mammoth, Lloyd and Laura Blankfein's demeure. (Paul Goldberger, though, loves it.)

A04052%203.jpg

It's very anachronistic and does nothing for me. If I consider Candy leaving that spacious (that's saying little, I know) manor together with the surrounding estate for a flat, albeint a duplex, I just... mellow.gif

A04052%208.jpg

A04052%207.jpg

I want to see it too. All of her apartments. It shouldn't be hard to find, I guess.

• Members

Wow. I'm really underwhelmed. I'm sure there's more she plans to do with it (?? :mellow: ), but right now it's looking like a model unit, and I am surprised by those low ceilings though I guess there's nothing she could have done about that per se. I would do a super high gloss reflective treatment on that ceiling, I've seen it done in some very nice New York apartments and it's a great effect.

I want the complete walk-through!

I've Googled in vain for the spreads on Joan's other properties.

• Members

The "one guy" is Russ Felice. He does, indeed, handle the vast majority of the sales in the building. On Joan's deal, he was both the listing and purchasing agent. Joan's place in Sierra Towers is quite bright, lots of white, with green marble floors and hardwood throughout. The bathrooms are gorgeous. It's very LA. Very clean lines.

Diahann's place...I do recall a PEOPLE magazine shoot that was done in her unit, only one picture, she seemed to decorate in a very exotic way. Lots of marble and stone and glass and wood.

Shouldn't be, if you can sort through the back issues of HELLO!

• Members

I'm still trying to find a picture of Kauffman's mansion, and yes... both are in Mission Hills. But the Hall house I am speaking of was relatively new back then, it's quite contemporary... the inside is GORGEOUS, with a freaking ton of skylights, and the solarium with pool is like a dream come true. Architechturally, it's a little odd on the outside. I can't decide if I like it or not:

http://www.taftarchitects.com/hallhouse.html

• Members

Thanks DaytimeFan, I was too lazy and disrespectful to Google the guy's name. :lol: I know he has a website though where he lists the latest available units.

Do you off hand remember the name of the private community in the Hills where all of the homes must be only one story? I was reading about that around the time I was reading about Sierra Towers.

• Members

Joan spends the majority of her time in LA. She's an American resident (though a UK citizen) and pays American taxes and her businesses run out of Los Angeles. Being a non-resident of the UK, Joan has to be careful how much time she spends there in order to avoid taxes.

The only time where you can know, for certain, where Joan is, is during May/June/July/August...she's at her house in the South of France and she usually doesn't leave there for the whole summer. Otherwise, she stays in different places throughout the year, though LA is where she is based and where she spends the majority of her time.

Joan and Jackie, when both are in LA, spend a lot of time together.

Sounds like you're thinking of the Trousdale Estates. Gorgeous area of late 1950s, early 1960s homes.

It's in such a great location, right on the border between West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Terrific views. Near all the best restaurants and shopping. The service in the building is second to none.

• Members

Exactly, and some folks (like me) really enjoy apartment living. I'm not backyardsy at all really, at my friends' and family's homes for bbqs and such, absolutely, but not a prerequisite for me. I'm more at home on a balcony having a drink and a smoke (when I'm being bad) and enjoying an awesome view. I also enjoy cozier living spaces, ordering in, or zipping down the elevator and *BAM* city life. I would love to live at a Ritz-Carlton property for these very reasons, plus the fact that they are full-service buildings with access to the room service of the hotel portion. But alas, I cannot afford it (yet! wishful thinking!) and really wouldn't want to live there anyway as I find their units completely overpriced and unimaginative, some of the smallest most boring apartments you've ever seen (especially at that price point). The rationale is that most folks who can afford to live their will bring in their own decorators but's that's bull as I deserve a lot more to begin with paying that much and even a decorator can't do anything about boring floorplans and undersized rooms.

Archived