Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read a fair amount, but I can't imagine any of these people lowering themselves to do daytime. Plus it's impossible to tell from a novel, what kind of soap writer a person would be.

I have heard Steven King watches AMC. Now that could be interesting. :lol:

• Members

I absolutely hated the bore that was Generations. The only reason that she is remembered was because it was the first soap to start off with an African American core family, and while that's good and all, the show itself sucked,

And don't get me started on her DAYS stint or that it was her idea during her consulting period with Y&R in 2005 to have Sheila poison Lauren with a necklace. :rolleyes:

• Members

LOL. Well, I just started "Cancer Ward" by Solzhenitsyn. Even if he were alive it would be unimaginable. Before that I read SweetHeart by Chelsea Cain. Now that could be a interesting soap. But the way Guza kills off characters on GH, some would say that is a serial killer soap. I haven't read a romance novel since I was 15 years old, so I can't even name anyone in that. genre. I know that I should read plays, but I haven't since college, so I can't name any play writes that would be good.

Oh, I know! What about that woman who wrote the books that inspired Trueblood on HBO? Or Alan Ball? Although I guess he's a prime time writer.

Archived