Another World

• Members

You are a soap fan & you want to compare numbers of soap fans who will go out of their way to sign a  petition with a percent of the population? If you think there is validity in that way of thinking I'd suggest any conclusions you draw would be questionable. What soap fan doesn't know we are a niche population?! 

Okay, I would like it if we could cease. The last time this forum got heated, years ago, Toups locked the forum & kept it locked for months. I don't want that to happen again. 

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Even in a niche community, 1300 signatures is not important to anyone other than the niche signers. Show that petition to anyone in a position of authority to make change and it will first get laughed at and then ignored. That's business. 

The Celine Dion message board wanted to get her 2010 - 2019 concerts released since she can no longer sing (for those who aren't aware - Stiff Person Syndrome - a 1 in a million neurological disorder) and they had over 5,000 signatures. They did a HUGE social media campaign. Contacted everyone they could who had contacts in the entertainment industry that handle Celine's business. 5 years of hard work. Not a peep. 

So, again, put that into perspective. 

Edited by adrnyc

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Another clip, Sam & Amanda in NYC, she was going to have an abortion but decided against it & he was following her, trying to catch her, tell her he loved her & wants the baby ... 

I am so so so sorry. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Well, she was certainly different. Otherwise I just have to agree to disagree. I truly enjoyed Carmen & I think in general that AW was very lucky with recasts. 

I think Beverlee was the best Iris possible. 

... Ellen Wheeler was the best Marley. 

... Anne Heche was the best Vicky.

... Victoria Wyndham was the best Rachel. 

... Nancy Frangione was the best Cecile.

... Anna Stuart was the best Donna. 

... RKK was better as Sam than either Bobby Reno or Shane Roberts. 

... RKK was the best Sam. 

... Richard Bekins the best Jamie. 

• Members

Believe it or not, I actually believe Borgeson was the second best Alice.  She was the most similar to Courtney in acting style and appearance. And Borgeson could play strong emotion, which at least three of the replacements could not.  If Alice Matthews can't play strong emotion, she's not even Alice in my opinion. So I liked Borgeson.  But the writing and direction was so bad, even David Canary could not succeed at AW.

Edited by Mona Kane Croft