The Bells vs Daytime

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How funny you use that line, which was used on an old GL clip with Bert Bauer.

If you don't know which clip I am referring too, it was used during the shows 50th Anniversry clip on the Bauer family moments. Bert and Ed talking about daddy dearest.

• Members

WHY WHY WHY WHY does there even have to be a "versus"?!?!?!

It's like those people who argue on other TV sites about whether BSG or Lost is a better TV "mythology" show (and then the X-Files fans jump in to say why neither holds a candle to "their" show). Why can't they both be good, for different reasons?!

Why does there have to be a "versus" at all? It's not like TV shows are sports teams, and you've got a Yankees/Red Sox thing going on.

I'll never get it...

• Members

Agreed!

(But then again, I don't even understand "versus" like "US vs. Iraq" or "Gay marriage vs. defense of marriage" or ... so I may be just downright un-American in agreeing with you.)

• Members

Well, back in the days before JER ruined soaps for everyone (and I mean EVERYONE), not only did soaps have mainstream respectability, but they had street cred too. Most inner city gangs were split over which soap it's members followed. Perhaps you were too young to remember newspaper headlines like "Murdered for watching the wrong soap" and tv news exposes featuring victim's family members sobbing "My baby waz killed 'cause he was be caught watchin' General Hospital". Believe me, those days were brutal. As time went on, the Bell Soap gangs formed a pact to bring down the other soap gangs. Their wicked union worked and to this day, the animosity between the non-Bell soaps and Bell soaps lingers on through internet message forums.

Now you know but ssssshhh, don't tell anyone.

Archived