Is Gina Tognoni's most WANTED soap actress right now?

• Members

DC has already reported it is a FIGHT FOR TOGNONI. Is anyone surprised this brilliant, divine, and two time emmy winner is being the most sought after OLTL actress.? Lets call her LA DIVA TOGNONI. It is all true. Frons gave her an offer to return to OLTL but remember he wanted her for GH 2 years ago. Bloom though is the one who cast Gina at GL and wants her to stay on CBS. She is talking to the Bell soaps and I keep thinking how amazing would Tognoni be as the new Victoria Newman. Right now it is a fight for LA DIVA TOGNONI. Is anyone surprised by this though? did anyone think Gina would stay unemployed long or did you think Gina was going to be picked up right away?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We all knew she would be the one most in demand when GL was canceled. She's pretty, she can act, and she has chemistry with just about anything.

I'd love her as a reinvented Victoria on Y&R.

I've never liked the character of Kelly Cramer on OLTL, she was always so bland and boring, and she's definitely not needed.

I think Gina should try her luck at pilot season again before jumping to another soap immediately though.

• Members

Also you have to remember Gina was only 20/21 when she was cast on OLTL in 1995 as Kelly Cramer. She was really young and remember all Kelly's goofy outfits. I rememebr even back then I saw alot of potential in her. During the stuff she had when she killed Blair's baby she was really good. The beginning years of Kelly were great but about the last 2 they were writing crap for her. Gina was there for about six and half years and grew up there and then took about a three year hiatus from daytime. She came to GL as Dinah and I was not sure if she had the chops for that role. GL took her as a good actress and turned into an amazing brilliant one. She really went from it and Gina is about 33 now and older. She has alot more experience and she really has taken her acting to new levels throughout the years. She is so respected in daytime. Alicia Minshew said hands down her favorite soap actress and Jeff Branson said, ' SHE ROCKS EVERY SCENE". In June she will be at GL about five years and wow what a run. GL really was the ground where she took off and now being nominated for three emmys and winning 2, she is there. Gina is an amazing actress. I am not surprised at all she is getting offers.

• Members

I love Gina and want her back on OLTL. But if she has half a brain she would try primetime or at the very least Y&R. I would not be on any soap except Y&R unless I was homeless and starving. No other soap has the critical acclaim and ratings (and any hope of surviving past 2012 or so) and B&B doesn't count. I don't see her ever joing B&B even if they wanted her.

Gina was on The Sopranos in a small role in its last season and she looked awesome on film and was excellent. She played a real bitch. I would love her to get a breakthrough role on an HBO series or something.

I would say the chances of her:

joining ATWT 10% (People are forgetting about ATWT, but why would your agent allow you on a show that will only last another year)

rejoining OLTL: 25%- I would love it, but dumb decision.

joining GH: 10%

joining Y&R: 25%

saying, see ya soaps! 30%

• Members

WORD! Gina really took on the role of Dinah and made it her own. I think Wendy Moniz was great as Dinah as well, but Gina for me is the definitive Dinah Marler. She can range from comedic and dippy, to vindictive and psychotic, to vulnerable in the change of a scene. It's interesting how an actor can make a character who shot and killed someone(even on accident) a character we can all relate to and someone to root for. It certainly wasn't Kreizman's wishy/washy stories.

Not to mention, Gina is usually her show's biggest team player and cheerleader. Anyone who can pretend to be THAT excited about GL's bad stories and production values will be a valuable asset to any daytime drama. Just make sure you keep a "no damage to your dressing room" clause in the contract and you'll be good to go.

Archived