Y&R- Tyra will become next Dru!?

• Members

I miss Dru she was so funny and spunky loved her as Lily's mom and her relationship with Neil she was an entertaining character and liked her rivalvry with Phyllis. two peas in a pod lol!

Well i think Tyra has potential. Lets face it Dru is never going to come back :(

So im going to try and like Tyra now. Maybe Neil and Tyra could truly be in love with each other, if he dumps Karen, Tyra and Neil can be together forever so she could be close to Dru's personality.

I think Tyra kind of reminds me of Dru. She is a fashionable woman too, can be funny, fiery! :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tyra is young so she has alot of maturing to do before she can take Dru's place but in America's next top model she was a true Diva ^_^ so i think she can bring some of that spice to Y&R atleast be similar.

• Members

Never in a million years. She doesn't have the chops... to be fair, at least not yet. Eva brought the b!tch on Top Model, but that's not acting, and Dru was more than that anyway. Basically, Eva needs some proper training before they can even consider beefing up her role in such a way (not that training has ever stopped them before, but if we look at the landscape of daytime and Y&R's history with black viewers, we're talking about the actress who will in effect become daytime's top black heroine so she best bring it, and she best bring it correct). There are plenty of young black ladies with the acting skills out there who deserve to be front burner, and there are plenty of TYPES of black women who the writers can be creative enough to write for so the LAST thing Y&R needs to do is try to "replace" Dru, it will never work.

• Members

I mean, per se, what is the problem with lots of topics. I try to stay in threads (e.g., I posted about Hunter Tylo's latest nonsense in the B&B thread), and someone went and created a separate topic. But maybe the separate topic was better (got more response) because it attracted focused posters?

I guess I'm trying to understand why a diversity of topics is bad. I don't know Moila's motivations, but I'm assuming she's just trying to be a conversation starter. SURE, she's trying hard...but why beat it down? What harm is done? Actually, having it in a separate thread makes it easier to ignore, doesn't it?

• Members

You're right, MarkH, there's nothing really wrong with it.

What really bugs me is that this person never seems to 'react' to negative responses, which have been 'harsh', or at least very straightforward. She seems pretty clueless. Which suggests me that she is doing all of this on purpose, and she knows she is going to bother someone.

Now, back on topic:

I think the Winters clan needs some rest. Personally, I'd keep Karen, but I'd put her in a different orbit. Her relationship with Neil has been jeopardized to a point of non return.

Obviously, Tyra and Ana need to go ASAP. Devon should leave as well, but I'd love it if he were written off as somekind of stalker. Think of it: Lily's harrassed by a stalker and out of all the possible suspects (Kevin? Alex?) it turns out to be her mentally-unstable foster brother, who has had a crush on her since I can remember. Then, the both of them could leave the show. I know this will cause some backlash, a la 'The show is sending the wrong message!!! Foster kids are not dangerous!' <insert rolling eyes>, so we'll never see this storyline play out, but one can dream.

I would keep Neil on the show, but exclusively as Victor's sidekick. I've no interest whatsoever in his personal life. In fact, I've always been bored to death by all of his storylines. All of them.

The next big black core family? Olivia (who looks much younger than 50!), Nate and a recast Malcolm. I really think it could work.

• Members

It's not a problem of how many thread this poster creates. It's the fact that every thread he/she creates is really about how much superior younger, more attractive characters/actors, are compared to older veterans that many of us grew up with and watch the show mainly for. If he/she wants to push forward his/her youth agenda, one thread is enough. If he/she wants to push forward his/her Tammin Sursok and Christel Khalil love agenda, then he/she needs to take it to the Love it or Hate it forum, this forum is not about over the top adoration for certain actors, it's a general discussion for soaps.

• Members
If I were a betting man, then I'd bet that no one would participate in her discussions if she were to post in that forum instead of here in the general forum. B)

I'm with ya! Perhaps, Karen will do the deed.

Archived