AMC: Wednesday, March 11, 2009

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny. RPG was the big steal as far as AMC was concerned, with BE sort of tagged on at the end as part of a two-for-one combo.

At the moment, though, it seems like TPTB are not sure what to do with RPG in terms of giving him his own story. Meanwhile, Beth Ehlers absolutely blossoms in any scene with JR Martinez, while Brot is also giving Reese's predicament extra dimension and nailing the Frankie/Brot friendship. The character exudes so much heart.

• Members

I am in :wub: with JR Martinez! In my opinion, you can tell he's having fun, but also taking his work very seriously because his growth absolutely shows!

Also, I hate to say this, but he's a scene stealer -- and not in a bad way. The reason I hate to say it is because I know it will sound like I'm dissing his scene partners who, allegedly, have years and years of training and expertise... but somehow, he is able to make the people he's in scenes with enjoyable and actually step up their game and shine!

While I am still no big fan of BE and that Army girl, she is actually tolerable in her scenes with JR/Brot. So, of course you know that I totally enjoyed his scenes with TB/Reese the other day due to the fact that I am an unapologetic Reese supporter.

This is where the problem of this show resides... in the fact that it appears that TPTB don't want to piss off who they deem their "Star Talent" and put actors and characters that are truly likeable on the backburner. Hate me if you must, but there is no reason -- none at all -- that CM/Ryan, TK/Zach, AM/Kendall should be driving this show right now. TK's phoning it in, CM shows absolutely no depth, range, skill, what have you, and AM's "range" consists of Bitchy, Sarcastic and Gulping.

I do have to say that I am happy that, finally, after years of being overlooked, Chrishelle is getting her moment to shine and so is Melissa. These two women are phenomenal, and have been true team players. Quietly waiting until it was their time and then effortlessly seeming to knock it out of the ball park once the bat was handed to them. MCE/Annie drove the fall and CS/Amanda is driving the spring.

• Members

You'll get no hate from me. How an autocue-reader like Mathieson even holds an Equity card, I'll never know. I can guess, but unfortunately that guess is unprintable here and ABC/SOD would probably sue. As for TK and AM, as much as I have liked them in the past, they have become the Mo Benard and Kelly Monaco of AMC. Because the only reason these three are on the frontburner every single day is because they are Frons' pets.

Love MCE. Love JM. Love TB. Still not sold on Chrishelle though she is sweet and engaging.

• Members

I feel that without JR Martinez and Melissa Claire Egan, this show would be dead to me. I smile everytime they're onscreen and find their characters the most intriguing. I like other characters, but if the show let either go in favor of some of the others (i.e. Cameron, Alicia, Thorsten, Bobbie), I'd hurl. Of course, the show would be literally dead without Susan Lucci and David Canary, but that's another story, haha.

• Members

"I am David Hayward's wife" thats what Krystal uttered when Tad asked her who she was and its fitting bc she now has no personality and no identity of her own. She is a pod and defined by her realtionship with David. She has let him completely suck the life out of her

• Members

Did anyone else's ABC affiliate show the first half of The View at 1:00 and then suddenly switch over to AMC? I have no idea how that could have happened, but it did. It picked up AMC when Aiden & Ryan were talking and cut off the ladies talking with Patrick Dempsey. So, I watched the first half of AMC on SoapNet last night.

I'm glad it was a Kate Hall episode since I couldn't ff through it.

I hope Brot's interaction with Ryan is just the beginning of both him and Taylor sharing scenes with more of the cast.

The David/Krystal/Tad scenes are just too repetitive. I thought Tad had given up on her already! I also hate how David can get in anywhere to taunt Amanda.

I liked the Zach/Kendall scenes, especially Kendall's point of view that Zach kissing Reese hurt her more because he anticipated it for so long. I still despise Zach because he hasn't taken enough of the blame but at least he was somewhat tolerable in this episode. I loved how Aidan was able to use him to free Annie, too.

• Members

I do have to ask, though, what the hell is it with Ryan's weird references to Taylor? A couple weeks ago, he was ranting to Erica about how Zach gets away with hurting people, saying "he pushed that Army girl down the stairs..." which I laughed my ass off about and have been using ever since! :lol:

Then, in this episode, he asks Brot, "don't you have a girlfriend -- Taylor, or something like that?" Again, LMAO!

"Something like that?" Are you serious? It makes me laugh because, indeed, Taylor clearly hasn't been integrated with the rest of the community if even the script writers make it obvious people don't know her name! It would've made my day if Ryan said, "Don't you have a girlfriend -- some Army girl, or something like that?"

Anyway, Kate Hall did wonderful today. It was a much, much, much welcomed relief after suffering through Rebecca Taylor's forgettable day.

Archived