Y&R: Week of February 16, 2009

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But Cane/Victoria thing would work either with Cane as a bad boy or with Victoria as a recast. With current characterization/actors it would be bad.

But just as Cane is dating someone not as young as Lily.

:P:lol: :lol:

• Members

Not necessarily.

How would alpha males JT & Cane react to parenting each others kids?

How would hard nosed Victoria react to loose cannon Chloe around Reed?

How would free spirit Chloe react to control freak Victoria around Cordelia?

Plus, Victor & Nikki vs. Katherine & Jill.

*cough*Larry*cough*

• Members

I guess, after a long time.

All sounds good except the Victoria part.... I know how she'd react. She'd whine. A lot. (Flashback: Sabrina) :)

Yes, yes, yes. :) Remember when David Shark Fralick made that comment that he'd love to return to Y&R because Jill needs a man..... too bad the current regime probably didn't even know that.

• Members

Jess Walton is one of the sexiest women in daytime. She looks like a GREAT 50. She is timeless and fierce.

I too would LOVE to see Jess grow out her hair and sport Jill's Whore Hair once again...she ROCKED that look. I also agree that her wardrobe needs to be jazzed up a bit. Bolder colours and more suits...the shoulder pad is Jess Walton's friend...plus better jewelry. In the mid 1990s her wardrobe was terrific.

Jill needs to get laid, there's no doubt about that...I would love to see Victor and Jill hit the sheets once things go Ka Boom with Ashley, whenever that happens.

• Members

JT is to Y&R what Aidan Devane is to AMC. It makes little sense as to why he is still here..... no family connections..... no one would blink an eye if JT all of the sudden one day was gone..... its quite clear MAB has no interest in writing for JT and Victoria..... unless Heather Tom wants to come back.... just send Viki and JT off somewhere.

Oh..... and in today's Global show in Canada......

• Members

I say give Lily and Cane fans some big romantic love scenes followed by a lush wedding and then promptly have them move to Australia. In a year or two, Lily will realize she is not the Outback type of girl and doesn't want to pump out kids to make Cane happy. She can figure out just like Chloe that while Cane is nice to look at, he is a complete bore on a day to day basis. Lily can come back in a year or two, played by a new actress and be put back into the mid twenties crew.

They don't need another happy couple on this show. Maria Bell is going to keep Michael and Lauren as the token stable couple who never have sex but can be used to prop other characters. JT and Victoria get even less airtime that Lauren and Michael so with Cane and Lily reunited with few problems and happy together they will have no story and be backburned.

The real drama and story is with Billy now.

• Members
So true! I loved what Jack said about him to Billy today on the US episode. Sursok, to me, is an ever remaining presence that screams what a mess LML made of the show.

I read Soaptown's Loose Lips little tidbit yesterday and she said that Mac will return in March and some fans will be happy with the recent turn of events. However, I do not know how accurate the info is.

• Members

Now that comment is SO on point. And yes, Jess Walton IS the Susan Sarandon of daytime. In more ways than one. :)

Now THAT is a brilliant idea. JT needs to get back to his badboy roots and I think he would absolutely sparkle with Chloe.

Amen. Problem is, it's quite clear that Y&R won't be recasting Victoria any time soon. Though Victoria/Cane sound a bit bland, I'm LOVING the JT/Chloe idea. I know JT is supposedly pointless on the show, but I can't forget the charisma and attitude he used to have. JT was fierce back in the day and Thad is still eye candy. Y&R just needs to get back to playing to his strengths and stop making him this ultra-romantic, serenading, tender fool he's been reduced to. JT used to be a selfish arrogant playboy prick and that's the way we like him.

Exactly my point. I don't see why shows insist on capitalizing on real-life couples. Don't they know by now that the chemistry rarely translates onscreen? Why? Because chemistry is about tension and when a married couple play a married couple, there is no tension. A big part of the reason why Morrow/Stafford work is because they haven't

f!cked in real life. It gives them a hunger to act out, of sorts.

As for Y&R of late, it's simply fantastic, and while I'm not Tyra's biggest fan, that kiss with Neil today was hotter than anything he's done in the past year and a half with Karen. Hopefully, Karen goes more psycho than she already is after witnessing that.

Archived