ALL: Crossovers

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I LOVED the GH/PC crossovers during the Karen Harris stint. I thought it was great of her to use as many hospital elements from GH as possible, while still giving PC it's own separate identity.

The Stuart Damon/Alan crossovers were great. He was on so much, he may as well have been a series regular. And he was on in a way where it wasn't like, "Look, Alan Q's on PC! Look, look." They had him there as a Chief of Staff, a hospital figure.

I liked the Sonny crossover, because, unlike the way GH worshipped the mob, he was treated as the anti-hero, somewhat scummy guy he is. He did a good thing for Frank(by paying off the gambling debt), but he was also despised(Matt, Karen) and feared by many(Courtney).

One of my favorite moments of the crossover is when Courtney meets Sonny and she's like, "I know who you are." Her reaction to him was my favorite, because she was this somewhat fearless pissy bitch and here comes Sonny, slimy crime boss and she's scared to death.

I like crossovers personally, but I don't want it to be at the expense of the character's history with the show or have it drastically alter the character's personality to suit the show. I really enjoyed the year Ashley spent on B&B because, at the time, she was one of the only women on that show with a modicum of class(screw SpermGate, AshHaters! She's still better than Brooke!). I'm glad they didn't make Ashley into a dumb slut. She had dalliances, but they kind of had purpose and they weren't out of the typical B&B playbook of desperation.

The ABC babyswitch stuff was stupid, because the shows kind of bled into each other and became one show. I remember thinking when I saw Babe at a bar bitching out Paul Cramer in Llanview on AMC and then immediately after, the action picked up on OLTL, I thought, "Aren't the viewers who don't watch AMC going to be confused? What about sole OLTL viewers? Why should they care about this Britney Spears clone attacking Kelly's brother?"

I love mentions of other towns in the same universe. When I was watching Edge of Night on AOL, it was instinct to assume the Amusement Park Draper and Emily were being held captive in was in the same universe as ATWT's Oakdale. Regardless of if there were crossover between the two during the story(and I'm sure there weren't, because of the shows airing on different networks), it was still great knowing that feeling, even if I was way off the mark.

• Members

SFK, thats the kind of crossovers i am talking about!!! YES!! I knew it was someone out there like me. I am not big on a whole storyline (Babyswitch), just a visit or a show picking up a Character that they can do some justice with like B&B and Shelia Carter (even though some of that stuff was outlandish). Imagine Brooke English in Llanview for a few episodes just visiting and interacting with the characters and so who she has chemistry with and roll on from there.

• Members

Yes, I'm in your corner Dr. Neil, that's my kind of crossover! :D I miss Brooke, Julia Barr is a lovely woman I have had the pleasure of meeting. She is one of the best actors in the history of daytime, but selfishly, I'm in no rush for her to return to daytime where she may be wasted. She deserves an ep of Damages, or Fringe, or Gossip Girl...

Archived