AMC: Wed. 1.28.09

• Members

I may be late on this, but has anyone else noticed how super short Jack's picture appears in the credits? It's like half a second.

I don't think Jesse had that much grey in his moustache/beard even yesterday. I never imagined our Tad and Jesse so grey, we're growing up. :P

What is Aidan thinking, and what am I to think of Annie??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like how they're playing out the Angie/Jesse thing in court - not just dropping the whole thing and pretend like its ok now. Nice to see Jackson in the mix.

Tad/Riley is interesting - she seems to be getting to him about the whole marriage talk. I agree, she seems more suitable for Tad over Ryan or Aiden bc of age and looks...I'm beginning to believe there never really was a Ryan/Aiden/Riley triangle in the works - maybe we just assumed. It seems like she's against both Ryan and Aiden and she's just in their storylines - but not in a love/relationship way at all.

Nice balance still - no Zendall, Rinks again today - which is surprising since this should be a big week for them.

• Members

I think Chrishelle Stause is doing a great job today - her acting has vastly improved around the other characters now (other than heavy hitters Canary and Collins).

Whoa - was that Natalia in the cop uniform in the courtroom - when the cop said "FOWLER"? Is that her last name? And why such a short, random scene. She needs to control that fro underneath her hat too - she looks goofy.

• Members

Oh, okay thanks! Reminds me of how Mac Cory used to say "Sam FOWluh" on AW. :P

I didn't catch much of Passions, and this may seem like an obvious statement, but Riley seems like a better actress here on AMC. I think I'm going to like her, but she has that vague here today gone tomorrow vibe as so many AMC blondes before her.

• Members

I thought today was really good.

It would have been better if Emma had run in with her bandaged hands right after Amanda praised Greenlee's parenting skills. :P

Chrishelle has been great lately. I like how conflicted Amanda is over what to do about her baby and who the real father is.

Krystal & David so belong together, imo. I'm loving it when she starts to see through him but can't quite believe what JR, Tad, et al. are telling her.

I love that Angie & Jesse's conflict comes from who they are as opposed to a third party coming in to break them up.

I appreciated how Dr. Sinclair saw through Tad's act when Jesse approached them at ConFusion. A smart character on a soap opera, how old school!

• Members

I haven't been watching daily in quite some time and I think, out of the shows I have watched, I've only seen Rebecca once. I've seen Natalia maybe twice. That's how much Pratt cares his story for the Hubbards.

I knew the Hubbards would suffer under Pratt because, if you look at this past shows, they have been far from diverse. I wonder though if he also writes for them as little as possible (in the spoilers for the next 2 weeks they are barely mentioned, and when they are they are supporting other people's stories) in part because of the point Debbi Morgan made to Julie Carruthers that she would not be a part of any sh*t writing. So Pratt is restricted to writing, as Steve said, "conflict from within" material for them....the kind of stuff he just doesn't do.

To me Pratt's AMC is better than B&E's AMC, but I really miss B&E's Hubbards.

• Members

I know people on this board loathe B&E. But I missed most of their tenure so I have no impression of them except the way they wrote Jesse and Angie's return, reunion and wedding complete with Greg Nelson's scene at Jenny's graveside. I have absolutely no hate for them.

• Members

Okay, I just finished... what in hell is up with That Bitch of a Doctor? All I can make out is that she apparently was in love with... Richie, maybe? Did Bitch Doctor have Aidan tortured too? I must've skipped that part or something. I thought Aidan left with the dude who knows he was undercover... unless that guy is working with Bitch Doctor, too.

Confusing.

Anyway, I'm also tired of people -- especially Tad, but Angie as well -- thinking that they're above the law and act incredibly insulted that they're being punished for breaking it. Hypocrites, much? I mean, you're tired of people "getting away" with things -- but at the same time think you should get away with breaking the law because you're only breaking it because you want someone else to pay for getting away with breaking it... Ugh, the logic in Pine Valley... or should I say that LACK of it... is really astounding.

At least the pregnancy is giving Amanda a story and Chrishelle a chance to shine. That's all I'll say about that.

Archived