The Politics Thread

• Members

I'm glad you shared that, because it's another example of how many rich people were in this hate rally. The talking points are already out to try to convince everyone this was "economic anxiety."

I still have a feeling many of the loud voices online will try their Josh Hawley redemption tour soon, for whatever that is worth, but tweets like this show you many of those who control the party strings will not.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And also waiting at the gates: Letitia James, and the rest of SDNY.

If I were Donald Trump, I'd take Suzanne Sugarbaker's advice, buy myself and the rest of my family some dark wigs and get the hell out of town.

• Members

Who the hell CARES about Ashli Babbitt's "ideological journey"? Do you think the media would expend this much energy trying to understand how a POC went from average, law-abiding citizen to domestic terrorist? Of course not! They'd just dig up every other, minor offense they'd committed; say, "Well, that's n****rs for ya"; shrug and move on.

I'm sorry Ms. Babbitt's loved ones are left to mourn her passing, but please, do not ask me to empathize or sympathize with anyone who decided to storm the halls of government and place others' lives at risk because they didn't get their way. That isn't how (alleged) grown folks are supposed to get things done; and if Ms. Babbitt and her fellow insurrectionists were too childish or ignorant to understand that actions carry consequences, then they have only themselves to blame.

• Members

I am no expert but I was a congressional intern one summer and gave tours of the Capitol Building. That place is a [!@#$%^&*] maze and not easy to navigate. There is no way they could get to the rooms they did as easy as they did unless some members of the mob were off-duty Capitol employees and/or some of the on duty Capitol police were helping them.