The Politics Thread

• Members

They've spent years only blaming Democrats (Clintons, Obama) and they are also scared of their voters. A Congresswoman is probably going to lose her primary because she criticized Trump two years ago. The infamous Mark Sanford, another never-Trumper in SC may lose his. 

The only ones who speak up are leaving office. 

I laughed when I read that Mitt Romney is apparently going around planning to lead a wing in the Senate that will stand up to Trump. Good luck with that. I still remember those awkward photos when he wanted to be SoS.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This ruling concerning Ohio is terrible news.

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/1006187077745238021

I ask myself that every day, but I agree with you the way he is alienating our allies is pretty disturbing. Carl is right that a lot of Republican Senators are cowards. 

Ben Sasse in my state is a perfect example. He's slipped a few times so I know he is not on the Trump train, but he's a pure coward and wants to get reelected.  My other senator seems to be a true believer or she does a much better job faking it. It's just crazy the way all of these "leaders" have gone along with this monster.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

The truth is that too many on the right are more concerned about remaining in the political spotlight than they are about saving the damn country.  That's why it's up to the rest of us to do the right thing and vote these people out of office.  Complacency just isn't an option anymore.

• Members

Just like the G-7 summit, Mango Mussolini plans to leave Singapore earlier than planned.  The man definitely doesn't want to do the hard work of diplomacy or negotiating. 

Donald (if he insists on calling PM Trudeau, Justin then I'm calling him Donald) wants as few people in the room as possible so that he can give his version of events and when challenged, he'll just say Kim is lying.

• Members

From everything I've seen today, this "agreement" the two signed is a non-specific, broad bullet-point style one page memo (for lack of a better word).  The media, specifically CBS This Morning, are gushing.  

Don't get me wrong, if this does indeed lead to long-lasting peace in Korea, that's a win for everyone.  But something still strikes me that this was all just too easy.  There are manipulations behind the scenes that haven't been revealed yet but I'm sure Putin has a hand in this.

In the course of 2 days, trump has aligned himself with a communist and disavowed our allies.  The MSM are ignoring it.

• Members

Democrats won a special election in Wisconsin's senate, Mark "Appalachian trail" Sanford lost his Congressional primary to a woman who seems like the evil twin of Leslie Knope, but all I have to say is this man won Maine's GOP Senate primary.

I'd forgotten how much fun the Harlem Shake videos were (well not his).

Here's the Democrat who is running:

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/06/11/democratic-u-s-senate-candidate-aspired-to-country-music-career/

Something tells me Angus King won't have to campaign this year.

Edited by DRW50