• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I totally think he wants to run again and beat Trump. And I don't like the implication that Hillary's platform was "vote for me, I'm a woman."

That was part of it for sure, and it makes sense after it gave her a boost in 2008 when she first tried to leave her gender out of it, but he is acting like that was all she did. 

• Members

There is no denying that the Trump favored industries have seen their stocks rise, and I imagine if he keeps his adminstration halfway sane everyone else on wall street will be soothed and stocks might even hit 20,000.   What makes me laugh though is Obama took wall street from 8000 to 18000  and no republican wants to admit that.

• Members

True but it will take about a year for the bottom to fall out. Things will go along okay for a while then collapse entirely. I just hope it's right before the midterms.

He's pushing for himself and using Warren as a prop to try and prove he's not a privileged, sexist jerk.

Edited by marceline

• Members

From what I understand there really aren't any rules. the mere appearance smacks of collusion, and can be used by a republican congress to get him out...but, they will probably wait and let the list and charges pile up. he'll spend more time refuting and lying than actually governing. 

• Members

Well, it was highly publicized in several Indian papers that the businessman from the Pune district were bragging about Pune now having an open line to the President of the United States!

The real estate industry in India has a lot of problems with corruption. Some real estate/construction companies have been known to take deposits from prospective tenants and use it to build new buildings without finishing the first!  And those who paid are left waiting for their apartments/retail space to be completed, which can drag on for years! If there is any hint of this happening with any of the buildings being built that are associated with Trump, it won't be good.

• Members

I also think he's pushing for himself. And I thought Hillary had all of that in her platform... Wasn't it the most progressive Democratic platform in history? Did people not buy it coming from Hillary? I read she and Bernie voted 93% of the same in the Senate, so I think she's more progressive than people might think. 

• Members

Trump confronts the media.

If Bernie thinks the way forward is to demean Hillary's candidacy publicly and dismiss 'identity politics' (a.k.a. 'issues not relevant to the older, financially secure white progressive') he and the rest of the far left have even more learning to do than the rest of us.

Edited by Vee