Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Pretty boy Aaron Schock really must have pissed someone off with his famewhoring ways. Politico keeps digging in, and digging in, and digging in, as are others. Wonder how long it will be until he retires for that lobbying job.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/schock-lawyers-up-115476.html?hp=t2_r

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/02/24/preserving-a-new-type-of-public-record-aaron-schocks-instagram-feed/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/lawmaker-with-lavish-decor-billed-private-planes-concerts/2015/02/23/c7754d72-bbac-11e4-bdfa-b8e8f594e6ee_story.html

I hope that Downton Abbey office and that big picture of Thomas he probably has as his desktop background were worth it....

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Media darling Scott Walker compares labor unions to ISIS.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/02/26/memo-to-scott-walker-isis-%E2%89%A0-wisconsin-protestors/

Watch that Beltway contort itself "explaining" his comments.

He knew exactly what he was doing and exactly what audience he was speaking to. The GOP primary voters eat this up. They bathe in it.

He's a very smart and a very terrifying man.

• Members

Does the right purposefully think of outrageous things to say just to make headlines? I hope they don't seriously believe this bullshit.

And yet there are intelligent, seemingly critical thinkers, friends of mine, that vote for this party? It amazes me.

• Members

The Media is so enraged that Hillary hasn't spoken in months or given them more material to work with...now they're getting desperate and trying everything they can to get her out of the race. It won't work and its just beyond pathetic at this point. Just silly conjecture and half baked conspiracy theories regarding the Foundation and now her emails as Secretary of State. If that's the best they can do then all I can do is laugh.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

Yea, Hilary should just keep on doing her thing. This is a non-issue.

Here's another completely idiotic statement by a potential GOP candidate. I've heard other things this guy has said, and he's out there. Someone will still vote for his dumb ass though, I'm sure.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/presidential-contender-ben-carson-prisons-135032512.html

Edited by GMac

• Members

His campaign people are delusional beyond belief. I have to wonder if they know he has zero chance and are just hoping he'll get a VP nod, or a cushy Faux News gig.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/ben-carson-general-election-strategy-115713.html?hp=b2_c2

He makes so many ignorant comments yet any time he is called out for them, the far right flips. Likely because they know he is their ideal token.

I do find their obsession with sinking her to be absurd (they are now running stories about what if she doesn't run - they are trying to make this a reality) but I have to admit I find the constant drama and scandal around the Clintons to be extremely tiring.

• Members

What bothers me most with her campaigns is the amount of leaks and the very public infighting. This was a huge trainwreck in 2007 and I get the feeling with all this Clinton Foundation warring that it's starting up again.

• Members

That is true. I am very worried about whether Robby Mook and the guy who just left the White House to join her campaign can get an iron fist around these people. I just don't get it. If they're Hillary supporters why do they keep leaking all this ish to the press? Don't they get that it makes her and the campaign look bad?

The only negative impact the media could possibly have is just bringing on fatigue. Which is why I definitely support her delaying her announcement as long as possible. Aura of inevitably be damned. Once she announces they'll know how to raise money and the longer she delays the longer the target on her back isn't official.

• Members

Oh it's definitely starting up again. Hilary attracts that kind of thing because, as I said above, she's not afraid to fight dirty. I do hope she gets a decent primary challenge. Honestly, I hope Joe Biden throws his hat in the ring. I know the guy is a gaffefest but he's probably the Democrat who speaks to me most on the issues I care about.

Agreed. In fact the war chest is already there. Priorities USA didn't give serious money to anybody in the midterms because they're saving it all for Hilary so I think she should just keep holding out and let the Republicans claw at each other.

Edited by marceline

• Members

I don't think there is any downside to rehashing Bill. The only people that cared about Monica Lewinsky were those that hated Bill anyway. Clinton has enjoyed a high popularity rating since the day he left office andHillary should have Bill out front and center. Also, I don't see a downside for Hillary in rehashing George. Extended discussions about Dick Cheney's presidency can only help.

Edited by quartermainefan