Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That is just vile hate speech there. For once the cable news media did something right. That goes along with most of the disgusting things said about the POTUS, VPOTUS, Democrats and Republicans. These people are just hateful and need serious help.

• Members

Who is that Republican surrogate Jason Thompson ginning up the crowd by saying it's time to send Barack Obama back to Kenya?

I thought I heard that Congress (including Paul Ryan) voted for a $300 million reduction which affected embassy security so the finger pointing needs to stop.

Did American foreign policy lead to the death of Muammar Gaddafi?

• Members

Jason Thompson is the son of Tommy Thompson, governor of Wisconsin, worked in the last Bush's Cabinet, ran an embarrassing campaign for President, and is now doing the same for the Senate. And he's another one of those so-called "moderates."

Here he is moderately calling his opponent a Jew hater.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/10/15/1014381/thompson-baldwin-anti-jewish/?mobile=nc

• Members

I wish I felt the same way, but I feel that he will still win even if he flubs all the debates (which I highly doubt will happen). That's because Obama is getting all the breaks in Ohio, and he is still ahead there even as he falters in the popular vote and in several other swing states. While it is possible for Romney to win without carrying Ohio, it is an extraordinarily difficult task, as he would have to win North Carolina (which I am pretty confident he will win), Florida, Virginia, and just about every small swing state in order to get to 270.

• Members

He will do it this time. All the Republicans have is a man whose own friends and inner circle called vile, and VP candidate who goes and cleans clean pots, and a RP who apparently now have NO PROBLEM with saying or spewing the most hateful vile disgusting things in the 3 weeks leading up to the election.

• Members

The national polls have begun to turn back in the President's favor and he has held his lead in Ohio. All Obama has got to do tonight is show empathy for the struggles of women and the middle class and show confidence in his plans to improve the economy and their lives. But he also has got shut down Romney's lies. He has got to show Romney for the liar, flip flopper, and hypocrite that he is, just like Biden did with Ryan.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I am pissed how Obama supporters have gone on and on about Romney's "lies" since the first debate; it's as if they think their candidate is an honest man. I guess these people have forgotten that Obama pledged to close Gitmo, never waver on the issue of gay marriage, reduce the deficit, heal the red state/blue state divide, agree to stay within the limits of public financing during his 2008 campaign, etc.

Edited by Max

• Members

It's too bad that Barack Obama didn't point out the lies as they were coming out of Mitt Romney's mouth.

It's got to be difficult to heal any sort of divide when you have people who made it their mission to oppose you before you even took office. I don't know how many people can forge a partnership with themselves. Mitch McConnell and John Boehner are some special patriots indeed.

Of all the things listed the public financing pledge is problematic.....too much money is spent on Presidential campaigns. One candidate shouldn't be at a disadvantage though so this spending is only going to get worse as time goes on.

• Members

I think this debate the upshot will be that after the first 40 times Romney said " five point plan" without actually giving a single specific point, that he is going to be deemed an empty suit tonight. Obama totally dodged the gas price question, but Romney followed that right up by ignoring the Bush question completely.