Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The champion of the 99% invites his filthy-rich donors to a White House State Dinner, and the Occupy Wall Street folks are silent as usual:

http://news.yahoo.com/top-obama-fundraisers-among-state-dinner-guests-023138061.html

Since Barry has always walked the walk, I fully expect that the next four years will bring about a great resurgence for the shrinking middle-class.

• Members

I guess nobody ever told him that the surface of Venus is over 850 degrees because there is so much carbon dioxide. But anyway... I really don't think Romney can win, and there is one GLARING reason that Santorum has made this rally, and that is because of the FEAR of religious fundamentalists that are scared of a Mormon president. Nobody speaks of this, but I can tell you that many christians, especially Baptists in the south, consider Mormonism to be a cult. You'll never see CNN say anything about this, but the whole golden plates and magic underwear thing scares the living crap out of many people. And of course, there are the animated films. I was showed this at a Baptist Church camp in 1979.... Granted, this was in Knob Noster, Missouri... but still:

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

And while The president has dinner with his doners, Romney was having dinner with his multi-millionare friends at the Ritz carlton in NYC. One is bad, the and other one doesn't get mentioned. That's Republican values for you.

I', still waiting for Romney or any of these clowns to put forth their plans for job creation. Guess we won't hear that because Romney is too busy eating cheesy grits, catfish and saying yall, Santorum is too busy saying how Satan will take over the country if Obama is re-elected, Newt is TRULY being the arrogant jerk he's always been by not thining of the party, and WTF is Paul? Probably in Oz where he's always been.

I do now admit it won't be a cakewalk for the President, it will be a tough slog to re-election. But, he and his campaign will use all of this ammo that the RP has given him, and that party has no one to blame but themselves. How being a Republican Moderate is now a dirty word is just laughable to me. But, after viewing the segment on Bill Maher's show this past week, I wonder....

Do all Republicans think like that?

• Members

Nice try, Roman. The fact that "Willard does it too" is not a valid excuse because he has never demonized the wealthy and professed how much he "cares" about the poor. When Barry does something like this, it smacks of hypocrisy, since he is running as the champion of the 99%.

Again, a higher standard applies to Obama (compared to other politicians) on just about everything because he's the one who promised to be different and branded himself as a statesman who is completely above politics.

Edited by Max

• Members

I don't think Obama ever claimed he wouldn't have fancy fundraising dinners. I also don't believe OWS object to fancy fundraising dinners.

If you're going to accuse Obama of hypocrisy then maybe it should be based on something like his reversing his view of SUPER Pacs.

• Members

Politcians raise money, that is part of the process. The difference is Obama is for taxing the top income brackets at a rate that allows them to pay their fair share, Romney does not. In fact, Romney has said he doesn't care about the poor, likes firing people and has tried to appeal to people by borderline mocking them. That is more of an issue than fundraising.

• Members

What continually bothers me about Romney is just the constant pandering and how extreme this can be. For instance, he now supports "self-deportation." Won't that type of thing (making life so hellish for illegal immigrants that they will leave on their own) set up some very dangerous situations and possibly be even more expensive than just deportation?

http://www.salon.com/2012/02/22/the_man_behind_romneys_self_deportation_dreams/

And Romney also works closely with a man who is so anti-gay, he sets up billboards blasting PBS for damaging children.

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=11204&MediaType=1&Category=26

• Members

Don't remember you saying any of this when GWB was in office. Oh wait. those rules don't apply to any Republican. LOL That party is really funny, better than SNL.

Romney won't do that. No Republican would do that. They are just the sort of politicians who will whore themselves to whoever is stading there to receive fudning and votes in Nov.

Edited by Roman

• Members

I posted a link about this a page or two ago, but the whole thing annoys me. As the article I posted mentions, no other GOP primary states were asked this question. It just seems like baiting to get a reaction. Oh, those stupid Southerners again, ha ha.