AMC: Reese and Bianca Spoilers

xtr

• Members

This information about an audition script was posted at Soapcentral by RavenBeauty:

A script was just released to cast for the role of Simon (the man that Reese almost married). The scene opens with Simon at the door about to knock when Bianca surprises him by opening the door at the same time. Simon apologizes if he scared her and asks to see Reese. Bianca asks him who he is. He graciously extends his hand and introduces himself as Simon Marshall. He says that he is an old friend whereupon a flash of recognition comes across Bianca's face. She says that she knows who he is. That he was the man that Reese was going to marry.

Bianca invites him in and offers him a brandy because of the cold temperature outside. He accepts her offer and they chat a bit. As Simon and Bianca chat, Bianca begins to realize that she likes Simon and tells him that she can understand why Reese cared for him so. Simon blushes a bit and seems genuinely touched. He sees a picture and asks if this is Gaby. Bianca tells him that technically they have two little girls (Gaby and Miranda). Bianca smiles and says that Miranda insisted on having a baby sister so they obliged. A look of sadness and pain is seen in Simon's face. Bianca urges him to talk abiout it.

Simon says that Reese was the love of his life and he was sure that he was hers. That they had an almost fairy tale like love. He was with her every night and they were planning their wedding when all of a sudden she ended things with no explanation or warning. He was devastated and even more so to learn that she was with a woman because she never once let on that this was who she was. He goes on to say that she broke his heart, but that he always loved her and wants only the best for her.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not really surprised that Reese was involved with a man, but I am kind of surprised that she was engaged to one and led him to believe that he was the love of her life. I think that Reese is supposed to be in her late 20's or early 30's, and she claims Bianca is the reason she came out, and her parents disowned her because of that. So I think that she probably had romantic relationships with men prior to meeting Bianca.

I wouldn't be surprised if prior to meeting Bianca she dated men publicly, causing her family and friends to think that she was straight. But her being engaged to a man is kind of surprising, and to me it seems strange that she never told Bianca about that.

• Members

Right. Because Reese is going to leave Bianca and hook up with a man. Now that would be cowardly. I can see how you went from point A to Z, though, given your previously demonstrated skill deficiencies in logic and critical thought. But this? Is a soap opera. Past relationships, past loves will continue to be an issue with any couple.

The emerging self-identity of a homosexual can be, and often is, a long process. A lot of gay men and women 'experiment' or are involved quite heavily with members of the opposite sex prior to the full acceptance or realization of their true sexual identity. This is further heightened when you have family and societal conditions that oppress the gay lifestyle.

• Members

I'm not surprised or bothered that Reese has been involved with men before.I think its pretty realistic. She seems to be in her 30's and says that she just came out to her parents and that she apparently used to do everything her mother told her. I was expecting that some past engagement or marriage to come up.

• Members

very true!

Frankie, Lena, Maggie, Zoe, Reese. Thats 5 in what... about 10 years? And shes been off screen for a lot of time too. Ya know shes screwed around with someone.

Resse is bi? Good. That can add so much drama. If she is Bi. Just because shes been with a man before doesnt eman she is bi. Sexual orintation is based on attraction and emotions. Maybse shes always knowen she was a lesbian but knew people around her wouldnt accept it and was with a man. I have a friend with lesbian parents, and one og his mothers was married to a man way back when.

There are so many options with this. Making her bi could forever create drama and being in a relationship with someone who is bisexual is complicated for most people.

Archived