DAYS cuts cast...

• Members

Aren't LeAnne and Thaoo on recurring already? So, they are a non-issue (both in this casting debacle and onscreen).

If five were let go total, assuming Deidre, Drake, and Blake are three, its prbly one more couple they can send into the sunset. I feel bad for MBE. She is so talented. On GH, she was amazing before Stephen and Stephan came along. I wish they had not killed off Katherine Bell.

Would Peggy and Suzanne's salary make a huge difference. I doubt either has a high rate or guarantee. Suzanne talked about how she was afraid to loose her house after only a few months of being let go in the SSK storyline. I wish Josh Taylor's name was coming up in all this, I would not mind to see him gone.

If Joe Moscolo gets fired again, he will prbly burn down the studio with Ken Corday inside.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Recurring has no guarantees though. That is bad for the show and for the actors.

With recurring the actors can go and work in theater, on cruise ships or even take another job on a soap opera if they want and they don't even have to let the show know.

Can you imagine a show with most of it's actors on recurring. Well we have this big story coming up for so and so. Tehy call that actor and he is away on a cruise ship working. They would either have to scrap the story or temporarily replace him.

Most of the actors won't take recurring either - not without getting another job. They want some kind of security and benefits that only a contract brings.

• Members

Go Joe!!! :lol:

No one has mentioned Allison Sweeney and I hate to say it but I wish she'd leave. She has enough other things going on that it wouldn't be as big a blow to her. Plus I'm so sick of Sami's whining! She can take off with that kid she's carrying so EJ will never know he has another child. ;)

• Members

It has been brought to my attention that Daytime Royalty also has heard that Bo and Hope have been or may have been on recurring.

They were not my original source for hearing that. It was another board that for personal reasons I do not want to give advertisement too. If anyone wants to know who the original source was just PM me.

I wish that I felt more for Days like I once did and although I am unhappy for the 4 actors even the news that Bo & Hope might be on recurring just doesn't affect me like it would have a year and a half ago.

• Members

I think Blake's career is taking off. I think he is already heading to movies and primetime.

Man, I hate that Peter Reckell and Kristin Alfonso are getting the shaft. I think others on the way out of the actors who play Kate Roberts and Lucas Roberts. I too think that Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans will either be dropped to recurring or dropped all together. I would not be surprised to see the entire cast taken off contract and dropped to recurring. A 40 percent cut is just way too drastic.

I agree that Days should have been allowed to die with dignity and a new show created and put in its place.

• Members

I SO agree with your last sentence. Take it from someone who was happy a few years ago that Guiding Light found a way to stay alive by cutting cast and crew. It has only gotten worse and after this new production model on GL, I totally now believe that GL should have been allowed to die with some dignity a few years ago rather than limp on and on and become such a joke within the industry. I would not wish what has happened to GL on any show and it unfortunately looks like DAYS is headed in the same direction. A 40% budget cut is way too much. The show will only become a mere shell of its former self.

• Members

That sounds like the same sight that keeps saying a "little birdie" told them this and told them that about DAYS. At least 50% of what that "report" turns out not to be true. HOPEFULLY, this is not true. If true, hopefully they'll continue to be a big part of the show.

:lol: YESS!!! I hope so. I definitely hope this is true.

Archived