AMC: Promo for the Week of 10/27

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL people also pimped Rebecca Budig like she was some big star/ratings magnet too.......

Yeah and that was how long ago? Unless you're a long term ABC soap watcher, I doubt you'd know who she is, and even then there's no guarantee you'd know who she is unless you're a diehard GH fan on top of that.

• Members

Oh God - so if Alicia moved to GH next year....you wouldn't sh!t yourself into a tizzy if ABC didn't name drop and say "Alicia Minshew joins GH - you can't miss it!"

Seriously - c'mon!

It's worth a try - why not name drop? It's not like they are being disrespectful like they were with the Greenlee thing. Why are you all pissed about them saying her name in a promo?

Oh that's right - it's bc Reese is a threat to Kendall and Zach's happiness.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Let's keep some perspective. You mention Vanessa Marcil like they aren't possibly on the same level but truthfully they are. Say the name Vanessa Marcil to someone who doesn't/didn't watch soaps and you'll get the same blank look as you would with Tamara Braun. It's all relative. TB is a well-known in the soap verse. That's like being well-known in the Star Trek verse or the world of professional wrestling. It's only meaningful to a certain audience.

Like or hate the story all you want but in the small, inbred world of daytime TV, TB is a proven commodity. They have every reason to promote her.

• Members

I never said she WOULD draw in viewers, but if you are going to pimp Laura Koffman or Tamara Braun, Braun is more likely to attract seeing as she was just on DAYS, and played a pretty influential role on GH for 4 years in which she received an emmy nomination for. Laura has been out of daytime for quite sometime.

• Members

Seriously why do you even bother?

Oh now I'm pissed? LMAO, thanks for telling me how I feel doctor

If name dropping is warranted, then I'm all for it. If Genie Francis joined another show and they didn't name drop, I'd be PISSED, same goes for Lucci, Slezak, Geary, etc......

Right Reese is such a threat, keep trying though LOL

LOL TB and VM on the same level? Now I really have read it all, oh heck let's go all the way and say Laura Wright is on the same level too.

Vanessa was also in a primetime show that is very popular, this is basically apples and oranges. Besides it's been shown VM is a ratings magnet, so it's back to apples and oranges

• Members

It doesn't take a freaking doctor, rocket scientist, or 1st grader to see through your crap. If Alicia Minshew or Thorsten Kaye were to change soaps...and they didn't name drop in their promos...you'd be pissed as hell bc you'd think it would be warranted.

And HELL no is TK or AM anywhere close to being warranted like Genie, Lucci, or Geary. Yet, you'd still be pissed.

Tamara is/was just as popular at GH as AM and TK are at AMC.

• Members

I'm referring to the world of soaps. Yes, VM was in a primetime show. That doesn't matter to soap viewers. I wish it did. Maybe then some people would respect when an actor has moved on. When soap fans see VM they see Brenda from GH not Sam from the Montecito. (Not to mention that Las Vegas sucked ass in the last couple of seasons.) VM may be a ratings magnet but that's only as Brenda. Would she be as big a draw if she were cast as Reese?

So yes they are on the same level. Big fish in a small, murky, polluted little pond filled with algae and dead frogs. Maybe I'm more objective since I've never watched GH and I don't know one Carly from another.

Archived