AMC: The Big Event-TV Guide Article

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would be more excited about this if it wasnt for the fact that this is obviously all about a Rylee reunion. I would actually have more faith in Brown and Estensen doing this as they brought a feeling of community to AMC that it has been lacking lately, despite the great work that Pratt is doing, but I still think this is going to be great.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the CGI backgrounds they're using, I mean it's one thing for it to be used sparingly, and when it's good it's good, but if it's the same as Jason riding on a speedboat to Wyndermere in the middle of the night with wind and rain blowing on him, then I'd rather have "wind machines and rubble".

Does this mean AMC is going to be getting a lot of new sets?

• Members

I think, if anything, this is a way to replace all of AMC's sets with much smaller sets. There's no way the show is going to come out of this with better sets. They can barely afford to construct one new set per year.

Or Carruthers is going to go Ellen Wheeler.

• Members

The sets they have built recently are all really good, though (ConFusion, the new hospital set, Angie & Jesse's apartment, Amanda's boat). I hope that they'll use this to give their sets a fresh coat of paint and to freshen a few things up, I dont see them having the budget to build a slew of new sets all at once, smaller or not.

• Members

You just know that Ryan and Greens are going to be trapped together in some sort of debris and will have a moment of weakness that will tear their respective marriages apart in the long run, even the photo in that article suggests they will be trapped together and that will obviously lead to some sort of reunion.

Archived