B&B: Week of September 22, 2008

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm telling you: Kill off all the men (I'm really NOT joking), give Stephanie one last hurrah before she leaves for Chicago to be with her mother and sister. Some how, have her "anoint" Felicia as her successor. Grow up Fifi's son, whom she tries to position as the new Ridge. Donna and Katie must also leave.

Fix Brooke, so that she is the Logan matriarch, pushing for RJ and Hope and Rick and Bridget and Jack. Fix Taylor, so she is sane and stable and wise again. Let her be the matriarch pushing Thomas and Steffi and Phoebe. Each of these roles need to be SORASd (if they haven't been), but only with the MOST remarkable actors.

Rebuild Spectra around a newly-realized-gay-CJ, and bring in the Baker clan (with Charlie as Marcus' birth father) to represent "the family in the valley". They can get tied up in the Fashion biz as models and so forth.

Have a commitment to NO incest. Note that, in this scenario, it is the offspring of Brooke and Taylor (and to a lesser extent, Felicia and Sally) that drive the show. I know this is radical, but I just feel this tired old show must be put to pasture and reborn. I know normally this kind of reinvention kills a show...and it would be risky here...but the show is so fundamentally damaged.

• Members

It is unusual for me to be so dismissive, so unable to see the "bright side". But, truly, I wish I could just see the current canvas redeemed.

For me, I don't personally care whether there is MUCH more fashion or not. Indeed, for me, fashion is likely to move B&B in a more superficial direction...which is precisely what is not needed.

Don't get me wrong...the Forrester versus Spectra fashion wars were great fun, and B&B could definitely use more of that. That would be highly welcomed.

But my favorite moments on any show, historically, have been quieter, more relationship based. So, high camp is not going to fix B&B IMO. That is part of the solution.

Character consistency, less plot, characters acting with more integrity (they may not be good...but their motivations are always clear). Introduce newbies and INVEST in them.

This is a show that is tottering on its foundation of four aging characters. That is not sustainable.

• Members

Yes...but every one of them has multiple offspring (children, grandchildren, friends) who are BIG in story.

The next generation is well established. Sometimes three generations are in active play (see the Newmans and the Abbotts).

You could say "well, in principle, that is also true for B&B", but it is not. There is virtually no character on the canvas in that all important 25-40 range.

Also, think of all the under-used next generation: Kristen, Felicia, Thorne, Alexandra, Zende, Dino, Thomas, Steffi (barely plays), Phoebe, RJ, Rick (basically a weak supporting character), Hope...and on an on.

• Members

As of last night, the Y&R wasn't posted.

On my DVR, they ran Monday's episode again.

(Soapnet had the right one, but I discovered my DVR problem at 7:30, and so missed the first 30 minutes).

I checked cbs.com, hulu, fancast, and msn tv.

None of them had Tuesday's 9/23 show. MSN actually had the link, but when I clicked the message 'episode no longer available' came up.

I will check again tonight.

• Members

They used the rooftop as the "restaurant" in which Owen and Bridget lunched???

That would be cool...but I don't think it was supposed to be the same place where they all exercise, etc. was it?

But if it wasn't, how do they explain the SAME brickwork, and the SAME "Ronn Moss' dressing room door" that we see when the set is used differently?

Very lame. They should at least have covered up that door with a screen or something...unless they REALLY meant for it to be the same rooftop.

Archived