Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched some episodes from 1979 and loved them. Not sure if it's my cup of tea, but so far it's been meaningful and interesting. And I adore Nola. The whole Mansion of The Damned storyline is starting very engaging. I may really give it a serious try, while I am taking a break from my other soaps.

• Members

Managed to binge from 6051 to now 6085.

I love this show.  Right now it's starting to rain outside with a thunderstorm coming and the whole mood if perfect for Mansion of the damned, Lol.

I also love that most characters have edge and so many villains lurking around.

Elliot is soo conniving. Raven is wretched and fun.

And Nola is a goddess.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I blame the bad weather and being home alone yesterday... but... I somehow managed to get to 6097! So I am nearly 50 episodes in in 2-3 days. It was great at first, but I was not familiar with any of the characters, now that I am... I am so happy I decided to give this soap a chance. The quality of the episodes is amazing and the audio too. I love the sets and the atmosphere. I cried when Raven left her child with April. Her monologue was so STRONG. I hate her and I also love her. I am HOOKED. Today I am having another semi-free day and again... home alone, and with the thunderstorms outside, me and the dog will probably have to binge another 10-15 episodes. Can't wait.

Edited by Maxim

• Members

My favorite monologue is from Raven when she is leaving Monticello and "giving" Jamie to April and Draper.

"I want to fly, but not on a plane. No, No, I want wings of my own.  That's why I call myself Raven. See, I was the one that took that name when I was a little girl.  My real name is Charlotte.  Can you imagine? But, one day I was sitting on the lawn and I saw this beautiful black bird with shiny wings fly by.  I wanted to be that bird. So beautiful. So free. With beautiful black wings..."

The build of the theme song also makes the dialogue really powerful. 

• Members

I was referring to this exactly. It was so beautiful.

I am now up to episode 6109!

In

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

@MaximI'm so glad that you're enjoying it, and envious at being able to watch it for the first time.

Isn't it remarkable the number of stories being juggled in a half hour show?  To me, the idea that drew me to EON is the way in which stories are interwoven.  You begin to think that a plot only involves a single set of characters, but all of a sudden others are drawn in, and you feel the impact of the event on their society.  The way in which plots don't just have a beginning, middle, and end, but they evolve into other stories is captivating.  

And the audacity to have Raven leave, mid-episode, not even on a Friday cliffhanger, is a choice that one would never see today.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'm officially a fan. I just put the intro as my screensaver on my laptop. I am in complete and utter love with this show. I am so happy I have all 1979 till 1984 to watch - I think years are pretty much complete in YouTube.

Nola just put herself in the witch makeup for the first time. Sooo fun. I am also loving April's storyline. Margo and that psycho Elliot...There is not a single scene I find boring. The show goes in such fast pace. No melodramatic repeating. Just forward forward forward. And with such class.

• Members

Scarlet is getting these creepy phone calls and hearing church music...

The director of mansion of the damned just died of a heart attack.

I am so hooked I do nothing but watch this show all weekend.

I ruined all our family plans today... My husband is mad that I am preferring a classic soap opera than him.

Not able to stop watching. I am addicted.

Please register in order to view this content