Higley Quit DAYS?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone posted this at DR, I don't know how true this is.

I assume it's Griffith, since he's Y&R's current EP and it's been speculated that's he's out of there soon.

Though, John F. Smith was both HW and EP of Y&R for a time. However, Smith hasn't been at Y&R since 2006, he's now at B&B (and I doubt his contract cycle is up there).

Heard anything regarding this, Toups? :unsure:

• Members

Days Of Our Lives:

Head Writer:

Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady)

John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis)

Blake Berris (Nick Fallon)

Nadia Bjorlin (Chole Lane Black)

Tanya Boyd (Celeste Perrault)

Tamara Braun (Ava Vitali)

Darin Brooks (Max Brady)

Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas)

Bryan R. Dattilo (Lucas Roberts)

Kevin Dobson (Mickey Horton)

Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady Johnson)

Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans Black)

Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams)

Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson)

Drake Hogestyn (John Black)

Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera)

Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip Kiriakis)

Renee Jones (Lexie Carver)

Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts)

Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera)

Peggy McCay (Caroline Brady)

Rachel Melvin (Chelsea Benson)

Stephen Nichols (Steve "Patch" Johnson)

Thaao Penghlis (Tony DiMera)

Peter Reckell (Bo Brady)

Frances Reid (Alice Horton)

Kristen Renton (Morgan Hollingsworth)

James Reynolds (Abe Carver)

Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton)

James Scott (EJ Wells)

Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady)

Josh Taylor (Roman Brady)

Will Utay (Dr. Rolf)

Arianne Zucker (Nicole Kiriakis)

• Members

The thing about Y&R I don't understand is that Maria is a Bell for God's sake. Her hubby is the president of the family business that still has retained some ownership in the show I believe. if Griffith was engaging in this unethical behavior, I DOUBT Maria would have just let it happen.

Hate to double post like this. But I have to say that here I thought GL was badly produced. Compared to this DAYS mess, Ellen Wheeler is running a tight ship.

• Members

Yeah, soaps are, by their very nature, a collaborative business. There's nothing wrong with that, and the WGA wouldn't find anything wrong with that. What they do take issue with is when non-WGA people who were not hired to be writers write long term storylines and full episodes with NO collaboration involved with the head writers or writing team. That's the difference.

• Members

I'll be here all evening Khan...

Psst...the HW is really Henderson, Victor's butler...

Seriously though, if this person or persons is writing entire storyline and not just throwing a line in here and there, big problems. I would love to be a fly on that wall

• Members

I don't want this terrific post to wither on the vine. I really think this poster raises remarkable questions about historical abuses, and why THIS one is being pursued.

My guess? Revenge for the mass-firings during the strike. I want to see just HOW revised these scripts are, and I'd like a judgment about whether the alleged revisions exceed usual and customary practice by EPs and actors. I'm guessing this is not going to hold up, actually....

• Members

We are having fun at Dena Higley's Wikipedia page typing in ridiculous peoples names. Last time I look it was Terry. I put in Precious the Monkey. LOL.

I am guessing the WGA is defending Higley because nothing has been proven and will probably never be proven so they have to defend her.

• Members

Here is a interesting post over on "The Envelope" where Nelson posts also.

Cindi Posted July 28, 2008 11:30 AM Hide Post

I don't think it's Josh Griffith who's re-writing Maria Bell's stuff. I think it's Eric Braeden. There were already rumors about that.

I'd also like to know where this is coming from. If it's the Corday/Higley camp trying to discredit a long time EP, who's never been accused of anything like this, I say shanangans. Hackley almost distroyed OLTL, she wasn't even professional enough to watch OLTL before or after the got the headwriter job. On Days she got rid of Belle & Shawn, had Sami sleep with her rapist, and lied about scabbing.

I don't believe them.

ETA - I spoke to a WGA friend this morning and this was his take on it:

He thought it sounded more like Higley was trying to diffuse the WGA investagation into her scabbing by using bullsh!t disinformation to take the heat off herself. I guess if it works for Carl Rove and Bush. Also, if she can do an end-run and discredit Scott, then his testimony regarding her to the WGA won't have the same merit. He thought it was a very calculated and desperate move by Higley.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cindi, July 28, 2008 01:35 PM

Archived