Higley Quit DAYS?

• Members

On a TAN historical note, Ellen Holly (Carla Gray) claimed she used to write and work on a number of scripts for OLTL in the late '60s and early '70s. Allegedly, some of the surviving footage from her early storyline that was sent out to affiliates, in which Carla confronts her mother Sadie about being neglected while Sadie cared for white people's children, was written by Holly herself. This apparently stopped only because Doris Quinlan, the EP, explained that they had no apparatus with which to pay her as both a writer and a cast member.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These are REALLY interesting points, and ones that shouldn't be ignored. There's a lot going on here. WAY more than Nelson can fit in his paragraph, and a lot that we'll probably never know. It's just all dirty dealings, no matter how you cut it.

• Members

And Victoria Rowell claims she made major changes...even pitched the Lily-as-model story...so is that actionable. I want to parse a few of NB's phrases from over at DR:

Okay, so, now, I'm wondering about the categories of evidence.

If the alterations are on the SCRIPTS, that may just mean routine (if heavy) alterations of dialog. That does not seem unusual. It would also seem difficult to change STORYLINES based on script edits...no matter how major.

Now, if the changes are on breakdowns, and there are emails to suggest even more major story changes...well...we have more evidence.

But then the bloody dagger question arises; Someone either STOLE/HACKED INTO emails (in which case I wonder about the admissibility of any evidence procured), or a trusted party who was privy to the emails betrayed confidence.

That set sounds like a sick sick sick clusterf*ck, and that can ONLY be blamed on a sick sick leader. Someone at the top abdicated control. We all know who that is....not the EP or the HW.

• Members

But what storylines is the "Diva" writing. Is there really any storylines going on Days? It's all talk and no action. Whoever is writing Days isnt doing a good job. Look at the last weeks ratings....a 2.3 in Total Viewers. Is that a new low for them Toups??

• Members

And THAT'S really the issue here.

We can go round and round and round over what the actress changed, or who she is, or what Dena wrote or what Ed wrote, or whatever... but the bottom line is that NONE of this would be happening if the man at the top was DOING HIS FREAKIN' JOB and LIVING UP TO THE LEGACY HIS PARENTS LEFT HIM.

The inmates were running the asylum, and really - can you blame them? Say what you will about Frons or Phelps or Goutman, but they wouldn't put up with two seconds of this horsesh!t.

• Members

IA, but there is just one point I have to make.

These people, all of them, are grown. Nobody held a gun to their heads making them do any of this [!@#$%^&*]. They ALL are to blame for it, but the [!@#$%^&*] in charge (Corday) holds the most blame.

Maybe it's time he shits or gets off the damn pot. I'm really tired that he has taken his parents' life's work and is flushing it down the toilet because he acts like he doesn't know what he's doing.

• Administrator

"I definitely owe Bloom an apology on that one!" = him agreeing with the post who things Josh is re-writing Maria?

That doesn't make any sense because why would Josh rewrite Maria's stories when Maria is a BELL - her family co-owns the show. Why in the world would Josh want to mess with that? All Maria has to do is go to her HUSBAND. LOL

• Members

Yeah, and face it, the other West Caost soap isn't B&B or GH, those are tightly run ships with Bradley and Guza. Y&R has been vulnerable for a good while now.

I hear things are NOT exactly friendly between Josh and Maria and have been that way since the strike ended.

Archived