AMC: Colin Egglesfield's Status...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He IS Erica's son and deserves to be incorporated into Erica's current storyline. Problem is, Erica and Josh haven't even established a strong relationship, months of drawn out storyline, and the ending was tidied up and swept away. The blood bond was established, but damn, I don't even remember seeing the two sitting on a sofa talking about family history, catching the boy up. Not even ONE Mona story? I would much rather see more of Josh than Ryan Ryan Ryan. I don't even understand how Aidan is still on the show, it's sad, because these youngish guys are having valuable years of their career wasted when they're lingering on the contractual vine not being used. Sure, they're being paid, but that means nothing when you're talking about establishing a lasting career. We no longer live in a world where a soap actor can rely on being employed until death.

• Members

When did Josh last have a heavy storyline anyway? I think it was with the Satin Slayer/J-bash triangle ever since then he has been considered chopped liver. I hope he goes onto another soap and becomes huge.

• Members

I think this is stupid on AMC's part. Colin Egglesfield's is handsome and sexy and talented and should be getting more airtime, Josh is Erica's son for Pete's sake. So much for Pratt saying there'll be more focus on the Kane family. The only ones left in the Kane family are Erica, Kendall, Spike, Ian, Zach & Jack.

• Members

Maybe OLTL will pick him up as a Joey recast, or even GL as Shayne...

However, I think letting ERICA KANE's son go is a mistake! Josh could be the next leading man of the show, put him in a popular coupling and create a 'supercouple'...but no, that would require imagination and writing including history and family ties...NAH! Let's just bring on two people from another soap and hope their "chemistry" translates on AMC...pass!

• Members

I have a feeling if Colin sticks around on recurring, they'll eventually find something for him. The Josh/Greenlee relationship SHOULD have happened. There's conflict there and they have good chemistry.

• Members

This is AMC, though...recurring is where contract players go to die. I have a feeling that this is just going to turn out like Alec Musser going on recurring, another wasted opportunity for a young, leading man. I wanted Josh and Amanda, or if they'd done a little SORASing, Josh and Colby...imagine Adam and Erica's kids getting together, it would be explosive?

Archived