Y&R: Week of July 21, 2008

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's weird - I like Cane and Lily...and i like Cane,,,but i still don't like Lily! Boggles my mind.

All in all - Y&R is the only soap that i will watch live and sit through commercials for. David's descent into the dark is truly fascinating to watch. Victor on the warpath is just so satisfying. He's so awesome when he's giving everyone hell. Some don't like it but i do. I really hope they make Nick go totally broke and he has to get a job based on his merit not his last name or trust fund.

I have come to the conclusion that Sabrina could have been a wonderful long-term character but the actress just wasn't up to snuff. When she shares scenes with MTS or AH they run full circles around her and seem to have to wait for her to catch up. she just can't convey the depth the character needs to survive with all these other talented actors around her. I have defended her alot because i think the character Sabrina works quite well with Victor, but she really doesn't have the "stuff" to fight like a Mrs. Victor Newman would/should. Having said that, her departure will set up everything so well.

Chloe is heaven and her team=up with Amber makes sense. Though the scenes where Chloe tried to get Daniel and Amber together today were juvenile, I'm curious what these two vipers have up their sleeves. I'm also anxious to see how Phyllis and Chloe will get along too.

Jack and Sharon are such a marvel. i never would have thought they'd click together for so long and be interesting but seeing her support him, dark side and all, is very tender and intriguing.

Still not liking where they're going with the Neil/Devon/Tyra/Karen s/l though. It's just so boring. We've seen all this before. And the girl Ana is cute as a button, but to have her sing every time she's on will surely wear out her welcome. Eva Pigford is good as Tyra though and I'm glad they're trying her out with other guys on the show before the eventual Neil/Tyra hook-up. I'd love to see her shakeup JT and Victoria.

Y&R is the new must-see TV! :)

• Members

There was another promo for Y&R's gala during B&B today. It was different - not as "artsy" and a lot more blunt. There's another sub-title for it, like "Out of the Ashes". It's Y&R: Sudden Impact.

Make of that what you will.

(MODS: I don't think this warranted a spoiler tag, but if it does, I'm happy to edit it.)

• Members

A person would think... if the soap is #1, and has the biggest budget or something, at least they could update the opening... all other shows find the time to change from time to time, but #1 doesn't? Something's wrong here. Maybe they're spending all of their money on those "celebrities" they invite for Restless Style or something.

Archived