Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If it makes it any easier there's a lot you can skip (namely, pretty much anything featuring Chelsea/Paul/Terese/Toadie/Melanie, Haz, or the months-long saga of Karl being blamed for shitting all over Erinsborough).

• Members

I was mostly speaking in the sense of if someone wants a quicker catch-up. I find those stories genuinely not good, but beyond that I just think they are extremely repetitive, so you don't miss a lot if you scan through them aside from some highlights. They are a contrast to many other stories on the show, which do have some potential or stronger moments, but go by so quickly.

• Members

Hey, to each their own. I'd rather watch a story about Karl possibly pooping through the neighbourhood over Ashley Abbott have a late-in-life makeshift D.I.D. storyline, any of the Bold character attempt anything, Assault of Our Set or whatever is happening at Generally Not a Hospital Soap.

• Members

To be honest with you I have barely watched Y&R or B&B in many years and only watch GH at times because of the posts here or a few clips on Twitter. I've mostly just been confused by some of the choices made by the Neighbours revival on its own terms, because the show was lucky to get back on the air.

• Members

If it works, I'll be glad...I just genuinely don't know who some of these choices (like the months spent on Toadie in closeup looking like he was passing a kidney stone) were meant to appeal to.

• Members

The Karl poop fake out in particular has been an awful storyline. I've heard people defend it because it's apparently 'based on something in the news' but I don't think that makes it any better.

The Toadie/Mel/Terese/Paul thing is just devoid of any genuine character moments which makes it suck.

I wish there was some more eye candy in the show.

• Members

The quad mostly just feels like plot points because there's no real reason why Terese and Paul aren't back together. I don't even care about them as a couple but there isn't. It's just Terese worrying about Paul being a schemer for the 40349th time.

I've heard people say the poop story is classic Neighbours. That may be the case, I don't know, but it just felt endless and unpleasant to me - I know Karl is meant to be seen as an idiot, but I don't enjoy seeing people, including his supposed friends, humiliating him over and over.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't see it as a classic Neighbours storyline, but I've heard people say that too. I can see where they're coming from, in the sense that Neighbours can be quite silly and very idiosyncratic, however I think there's good silly and bad silly, and that was definitely the latter. I would not have allowed something like that to go to screen. But Neighbours does have an issue where it doesn't know where to hold itself back sometimes, especially the modern show. Anyway, if that was a classic Neighbours storyline, it would be funny for a start!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Skylover