Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sorry, I meant Beth. I think maybe the actress' name was Sinead.

He may have, although it seemed like most of the DS brigade hated him because they said he was a terrible actor.

I don't know if it's ignored, per se, as much as it's that Charity and Cain have never been presented as soulmates against all odds anyway. Most of their interaction is self-destructive and toxic. The only good thing they ever really had was Debbie, and they never knew her until she was 13.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Sometimes Kirin looks so handsome, especially in certain profile shots. Even with that bowling shirt he had on again today. Shame about some of the acting...

I can see both sides with Leyla and Alicia. They both have hot tempers and a bad history together, and it got out of control. There are only a few things that bother me: 1) that we're supposed to believe Jacob would believe there are killer jellyfish - he's like 13 years old and he seems mature enough to me 2 ) the idiot fans who just dismiss Leyla as selfish and ungrateful and as a slut and don't try to see her side (this show has some horrible, sexist fans who want everyone to be as boring as possible) and 3) my ever-increasing fear that all of this is being done to set up her death (she's back with increasingly "evil" Jai, she's isolated, and Alicia is leaving on bad terms - it would be soapish if Leyla died while Alicia was gone, and Alicia only returned for her funeral and to set up her ultimate exit from the village). On paper it might make sense to kill Leyla, since she isn't a longtime character and her main tie to the village is going soon, but Roxy Shahidh is such a unique actress who adds a lot of humor and heart and edge to the show. There aren't any other characters like Leyla on soaps. She's a big reason why I stay interested in the show. Without her, Robert, and several others, I'd likely just walk away again.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

YEEESSSS to those test results!

The actor who plays Kirin will be my second husband...its official. Adam may be hot but he's just too stupid.

You're scaring me re Leyla. I love the character more and more. She's such a cool girl. The type I'd hang out with in real life in a hot second. I really hope they spare her.

Rakesh is cute for an older guy but so FOUL for what he did....

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

At first I thought that said Troy Beyer and thought, "Dominique would have something to say about this."

I haven't watched tonight's yet but I have to laugh at how they use Robert to move these plots along - they'd be so foolish if they get rid of him.

I hope this won't ruin Rakesh.