Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Here's a cute tweet they sent out.

https://twitter.com/MrMattWolfenden/status/605797858130796544

Meanwhile, it seems like Leyla just keeps getting more and more set up to die. I hope I'm wrong. This is so tough to watch. It's well-acted but it's heartbreaking. The only positive I can say is that I'm starting to buy her friendship with Vanessa, which before now always felt like two people living together, not much else.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess that's the way of modern soaps, but how blithely some things were glossed over throughout the episode (like Victoria and Robert nearly getting Adam sent back to prison and Victoria nearly running him over) was...odd.

I think it's been good drama though, although I prefer the quieter, painful material with Laurel and Ashley.

Michelle Hardwick's been doing some great work the last few days. And seeing Rakesh absolutely obliterate his son, under the guise of "protecting" him, is interesting to watch. I don't think the guy who plays Kirin is the best actor but he's made this work.

• Members

God I'm so glad you mentioned the Victoria/Robert revenge thing cuz that really didn't sit well with me. I mean I get that she's hurt but that's such an overreaction and so morally wrong. To send someone back to jail because they cheated on you or your sister? Sorry but both characters really took a hit with that little side plot. Especially Robert. Like yah I know he sorta killed Katie and he was already a monster for his involvement in her death but this just seem so callous and wrong. And the way Victoria half heartedly put up a fight at first.

Dumb Adam already advising her to keep her trap shut. I swear this guy is the dumbest person I've ever come across watching soaps. Well almost...Ste and John Paul from Hollyoaks are definitely tied for first.

Vanessa is so good and I felt so bad for her the other day when Vick slapped her. Love Kirin but that was a low blow. Glad Priya said something. Any scene with Leyla is just so good. I hate that Alicia had to find out about her and Jai. I really hope they part on good terms.

is the actress who plays Debbie married to the guy who plays David? The guy in that picture looked really familiar.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

Leyla and Alicia's first husband, Justin, had a drunken one-night stand. Leyla wanted to have an abortion, but Alicia and the Harding mother convinced Leyla to give the baby to Alicia, who was infertile. Leyla left soon after, although she sent money home for her mother. She heard and saw nothing of them until 2010, when Alicia showed up in the village to warn Leyla to not go to their mother's funeral. Leyla did, which led to a big argument at the church, and eventually, Alicia and Jacob moving to the village when her marriage to Justin busted up.

Leyla nearly told Jacob the truth in 2011, but backed out and left town instead, breaking David's heart.

Leyla sent him a present in 2013. About six months later, Alicia and David told him the truth, because Alicia was afraid Priya was going to tell him.

He sent Leyla a message telling her he hated her. She came back to town to confront David and Alicia. Jacob was disgusted with her, but soon accepted the truth and became close to her, while still seeing Alicia as his mother.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

From what Matt Wolfenden apparently said on This Morning, today was it for Alicia.

I do have a feeling she will be back for Leyla's funeral. (no spoilers, just the heavy anvils, especially with Leyla and Alicia leaving on bad terms).

• Members

There's no real way Alicia will be killed, IMO, especially as she won't be around for the stunt where they're killing off several people. I just wish I could say the same for Leyla.

Edited by DRW50