EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Roxy told Ronnie once that she was more like Archie than she thinks she is, and Ronnie got pissed. It's always sort of been in her storylines that Ronnie has inherited a lot of Archie's nasty traits, even though she claims to hate him and claims she's nothing like him.

Ronnie has always been nuts. Poking holes in condoms in an attempt to get pregnant, taking a man away from his family to get pregnant with him and then dumping him when she found out he had a vasectomy, paying Sam to leave town with Jack's baby. She's been mentally ill for years, this baby switch isn't past her. Ronnie wallowing in her self pity and her whole woe is me attitude is grating though.

At the end, I want her to commit suicide. I think that is the natural last step for this character unless she's arrested and thrown in prison before then or sectioned into a nuthouse.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's a bandwagon - a mix of those who are genuinely upset about the story, those who haven't really seen it and just assume the worst, those who hate Eastenders, and those who hate Bryan Kirkwood and want him replaced. This type of thing will just have a chilling effect on all the soaps and will ultimately help hasten their decline if too much attention is paid.

• Members

It wouldn't surprise me if the baby swap storyline did influence Sam's decision to leave, but I doubt she had problems with it artistically. It's probably more to do with the fact that playing a character like Ronnie is so exhausting and emotional, she probably just want to try other acting projects. I will miss her, because Sam Womack is probably the best actress on the show now that Lacey's gone, and I do think Ronnie's a good character. I am glad that it will bring an end to the Jack/Ronnie pairing, as I've never seen them as a golden couple in the way the show seems to.

Definitely a good time to bring back Sharon now, I wonder if Bryan would prefer to create new characters though, rather than bringing back past ones.