EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, I will make sure to open a brand new box of tissues beforehand.

And AGAIN, SERIOUSLY?!? a strong part of me just wanted that overexposed slutbag to leave and never come back. Too much WAY too soon. This was written 100% for the fans of Kat and Alfie with no consideration for the fans of the actual show itself. Terrible.

So, if Jay isn't Billy's, where he'd come from? The actor ain't that great.

For some reason, I find Whitney and Peter to be hilarious. What are the ages of Billy, Lauren, Whitney, Peter, Lucy?

Edited by Amello

• Members

I believe that Peter and Lucy are 15 (oops, they're almost 17). Whitney is about 16 or 17. Billie is probably in his early 20s. Lauren is about 16.

Jay first started on the show 3-4 years ago, he was living with his grandmother, who was dying. Her husband Bert, who had left her many years ago, came to Walford and when she died, he tried to take care of Jay. Jay was a real handful, stealing Wellard the dog for ransom, hurling racial abuse at Patrick's wife Yolande. Jay's father Jase came to Walford around this time and Bert left Jay with him, thinking he would be OK. Jase then got together with the awful Dawn Swann and they all lived together until Jase was killed. Jay had big issues with Dawn and decided to go with Billy instead, and stayed even after he learned Billy could have possibly prevented Jase from being beaten to death.

The boy who plays Jay REALLY got on my nerves for a long time because he did this whole fake tough guy routine, but he's improved recently.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

EastEnders always spends the first few weeks focusing in on characters who've only just returned. They aren't on next week though, well, I think Alfie is only in a few brief scenes according to spoilers.

They've actually added to a ratings bump for the show too, since they've been getting 9 million in some episodes or close to since they've come back, which is unusual for this time of year.

Jase's son, who Billy left to die as a he saw him being attacked. I guess Billy feels guilty.

Lauren, Peter, and Lucy are 17. I think Whitney is 18. No idea on how old Billy is supposed to be, he has the brain of a 5 year old though.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

If Wikipedia is right, Billie is 22.

I feel like I should like the Alfie/Kat stuff less than I do, based on all the anger at DS. I do think the story is going too fast but otherwise they don't bother me. I would like to see a little more of Kat with other characters though.

• Members

They seem like they can't wait for him to be dead. He was such an afterthought in his return episode, the episode before he dies. :lol:

I guess Lauren is going to get sh!t on for bringing more booze, which will surely contribute to his death.

I don't know if I'd call it a story, it was resolved in today's episode. I guess it was just a way to establish them and get the baby stuff out in the open at the start of their return, instead of prolonging it for months, like usual stories would go, but also setting up Michael and his upcoming story-dictated return.

It feels strange that there hasn't been a scene between Ian and Alfie yet, since he's been with everyone since his return and he and Ian were pretty close. I don't know who else Kat would interact with, she doesn't know many of the other characters, but at least seems to be developing a budding friendship with both Bianca and Shirley.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I guess I meant I wish they'd had a few weeks of her just as a supporting presence and meeting people and then brought Michael in, instead of Kat then Alfie then Michael, all in a row.

I did like the scene where Bianca came to confront Billie and you could hear her slapping him from behind the door.

Someone at DS said it was actually Santer who made the decision to put Billie on recurring, after Jack was shot. So I wonder if they just quickly got tired of him even before Kirkwood came in. Bringing back Devon Anderson was a mistake.

I don't really agree with those who say what's happening to Billie is rushed, but I wouldn't have minded one more episode. The pacing has been pretty quick lately, for some reason.

• Members

Yeah, the scene where Carol decided to leave was so sad, knowing what was going to happen. The party had a very dark air about it. I can see why Lauren gets some blame.

I was so distracted by the attempts, faint as they were, to hide Pasty Palmer's bump...the ugly silky thing they threw over her midsection was my favorite.

I loved seeing Kim join the party, taking over the music. And the grinding with Fatboy. I don't know about she and Ricky, that's kind of unnecessary drama right now, although I can see where this along with Billie causes her to leave town, if that happens.

They seem to really be playing up the tension between Kat and Charlie.

I won't miss Devon but I thought he was good in a few of the scenes in this episode. I also liked that they made some peace between Jack and Billie. I loved the scene where Jack came in and Max winked at him. Max and Jack are so much better as friends than as rivals.

The guy who plays Billie's mate, Connor, isn't a bad actor. Too bad he couldn't stay around.

I thought some of the scenes Jay and Billy had together were good. I wish the story was a bit slower but I'm glad that Perry is getting to show what a good actor he is.

• Members

This seems like a strange time to use Julia's Theme - after Peggy and Frank declare war on Dan.

Look at the end credits at the end of the clip, both Matthew Robinson and John Yorke were credited as EP's, I guess it must have been during a transition time. I remember thinking how fluid and easy the transition between producer's was during this time.

Apparently, this was also the first use of Julia' Theme in the 21st century.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5gz0hk4HU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5gz0hk4HU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5gz0hk4HU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Was that the anniversary episode? That might have been the reason for the theme.

I don't remember the theme music sounding like that.

I thought they could have put Dan to much better use. All that stuff with the Mitchells was so predictable because obviously he was going to lose.

I didn't realize how much he resembled Nigel Harman...