EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know what I think about Elaine. That scene with Dean was great, and kinda cemented who the character is, but a lot of her dialogue sounded like recycled Pub Landlady Clichés. I also hate how Linda hasn't told a soul about the rape, and how every time she tries to, each character gives her inappropriate advice. Not everything has to be a secret for the sake of having a secret, and this story doesn't feel organic with Linda purposefully suffering in silence until Christmas day. I think it would be great if she confided in someone random, a character who she doesn't share much screen time with, as it could be a good opportunity to develop friendships.

This whole Max/DC Dull story is so dull. Emma has turned out to be such a bland, whiny character, and I don't believe that Max is in love with her. I do like Abi's snarky comments, and how she's now a pessimist after being dumped by Jay. I hope these cops don't turn out to have anything to do with Lucy's murder, as that would be a cop out (no pun intended!). I don't get why the DS Bryant is stalking Lauren in such a creepy fashion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think it's more about "upping his profile," Carl. My British agent friend said that's a main reason he'll let his clients take roles on the soaps over there.

My God, John Altman was awful in his first full episode last night as the "resurrected" Nick. I really do think they need to finish Nick off once and for all soon. I enjoyed Nick's using the alias "Reg Cox," though.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I enjoyed him using Reg Cox as an alias, too. However, Dot referring to him as a kind, old man? No. Everyone always thought of him as a complete bastard, just like she was always nothing but a nuisance. I hate that the show has forgotten that.

I don't even want to fathom on why someone could hate the character of Charlie, though I know you always have a knack for these things, Carl. At least I have the beautiful man in your avatar to look at while reading such stretches. I'll just enjoy him while I can, because it's clear the actor is meant for bigger and better things sooner rather than later. He is also a part of DTC's wonderful revitalization of Ronnie, even if the coupling could give you whiplash. Though saying that, I always enjoyed Sam Womack's performances as a damaged woman through the baby switch and killing Carl White, immensely.

• Members

Charlie and Ronnie are working beautifully as a couple, which has been a very pleasant surprise. I can't think of the last time I actually rooted for a couple to be together and find happiness. Of course it won't be happily ever after for them but I really enjoy watching them for the time being.

Linda's pregnant? Yawn. It's probably Mick's.

• Members

I don't hate Charlie. I have no opinion of him, as I do of no DTC characters (he's never been able to create characters, never will be able to create characters). I was asking why the actor would want to be on EE given that he's done a lot of other stuff.

• Members

I think Nigel Harman is a really good example of soneone who "upped his profile" in a huge way because of EE. He's never stopped working in TV and theater since Dennis was killed off. It helps that he had a solid background in theater like Declan Bennett. EE absolutely made Nigel Harman a marketable "name" actor. If the others don't work as much it's more a reflection on their talent/ambition. EE, for better or worse, makes them a known quantity. What they do with it is up to them (and their agents!).

Edited by TimWil