Love of Life Discussion Thread

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Brewster story is a hot mess when you read it in Jon-Michael Reed's column. I think someone credits reporter Casey Muldoon.

I'm not sure if Leonia Baxter, who was Bambi's mother, correct, appeared in the story. I thought she had been murdered, but maybe she appeared in flashbacks. Also, wasn't Eloise Alberini also Reverend Brewster's second wife or was that another character?

• Members

Thanks for sharing that ep, Carl! I'm trying to figure out if it's the same picture quality as when the ep first appeared on YT many years ago. I think it was a WoST bonus way back when as well.

It's such a fantastic episode, though. This was the first LoL I'd ever seen, and I was so happy to finally see TuWig as Meg dominating so much of it. She played all of the tormented dame/diva notes perfectly, and she just has one of those classic soap voices.

I'm assuming the date on the vid is wrong as everything I've ever read about the episode has it from June (or May?) 1975.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Yep, I believe she was Rev. Baxter's wife. I worked my way through what they have of Reed's columns, but they only have about 20 articles with casting information. I've seen Cissy, Sissy and Casey Muldoon in various sites around the web. That list is the majority of the blanks I have in my LOL cast list. Others are day player doctor types. While I know there are plenty of characters I've never heard of to include in my list, these are the ones I've tried to locate most often. If anyone has any more info, I'm grateful for any assistance. If anyone has any cast questions from LOL[or any show], if I have the information, I'll be glad to share it with you. You can PM me or just ask in the show's thread. I have substantial lists from many shows, even several radio shows.

• Members

To say that the entire Bambi Brewster story seems laborious has to be an understatement. When I typed up all of the Jon Michael Reed recaps for LoL for my Tumblr, I never thought that story would end. It simply drags on and on through weekly recap after weekly recap. And there seemed to be a HUGE revolving door of "B" level characters during this time period, too. No wonder the ratings dropped back down to cancellation levels after having risen considerably, from what I understand, in the mid-70s.

• Members

Thanks for posting the article - but oh boy, are you right about the headline. With all that's been going on lately in the National Felony League, that was my first thought. No way would any publication, let alone for the entertainment industry, get away with that now.

Apparently Ann McCarthy is a widow now, according to her father's obituary from 2011:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postgazette/obituary.aspx?n=richard-a-leydig&pid=154028457