Days: Where are the cliffhangers?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I much prefer Dena this go around compared to her last (and that's really not saying much), she doesn't do cliffhangers.

JER was the master of them, even the fake-outs. Why did he have to become so outlandish and ridiculous? Ugh. He showed in the 90s he could write pretty darn good (although it wasn't everyone's cup of tea) and then the beginning of Passions was actually pretty decent and had a totally different feel compared to today. Why oh why did he start writing soaps like they're cartoons? Sigh :( Passions could of been such a gothic type of soap opera but it turned into a laughing stock. Again ... :(

• Members

i'm enjoying the show, but i agree that the lack of cliffhangers is stupid..I was sure today would end with a shocked Sami seeing EJ and Nicole half-dressed as the door opened....that would have been a great cliffhanger..But no, we get Bo, Hope and Ciara watching fireworks..

• Members
No one said that it wasn't. But if you're gonna make a cliffhanger, do real ones. I really don't get the point with making so many fake ones. It's just annoying to tune in and almost every time realizing it was another fake one.

• Members

I'm enjoying the show right now.

I thought JER's cliffhangers were stunts and poorly done stunts.

I would also like to see Dena include more cliffhangers. Lucas walking in on Sami and EJ is something that would have made an excellent cliffhanger. I still enjoy the show a great deal right now though.

• Members

I think we're going to have to see that VERY differently.

Having a character talk to themselves and say in an episode how many times they are about to tell someone something......only to drag it out and never tell them, day after day for weeks on end.......

We just see that differently. LOL!

• Members

Reilly was good at giving good cliffhangers. He's one of those writers that knows how to get the audience invested and build up (usually VERY slowly) to a point where he has them and gives them a cliffhanger that makes the audience want to know what happens next. Unfortunately, Reilly's cliffhangers are usually false and/or fantasies and they never really follow through the way the audience thinks and wants them to.

Higley, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be able to grasp the aspect of suspense. It may be her team of writers that don't know how to space the outline she gives them. I don't know. If it is, then she needs to re-think her team. The story ideas that she has in the long run would be good. However, the pacing is incredibly off and inconsistent.

• Members

While I'm enjoying the show lately, I have to agree that there have been many times that something happened in the middly of the show and left me scratching my head wondering why on earth they wouldn't put that scene at the end of the eppisode because it would have been an excellent cliffhanger.

As far as spoilers go. I've stopped reading them for weeks and now with the ABC shows no longer doing previews, I'm much more interested in what is going to happen the next day. I have no idea and the show is so much better for it. I will check them out once in a while but I really try to stay away because being spoiled mostly ruins the show for me.

Archived